Dateless number wanted- NOT platerape, classic desecration

NorfolkNWeigh

None of them dateless.

Yes true, I suppose people may think his 2008 car was made in 1963 or 1983.......

Seems pretty dateless to me....

Pedant

Seems pretty dateless to me....

Apart from the dates, obviously.

I'll take the 'pedant' as the compliment it was obviously intended as as opposed to the insult of the perpetually incorrect. Cheers.

As I know of an old bike and since the plate may be transferable then what is the bare minimum to get an mot

It's a proper date less plate but the bike has no engine,

Back in the day a dodgy MOT certificate was a possibility for a few quid.... Not nowadays it seems. A good thing!

What about buying a dead 90's rotbox with an accidental 6 figure plate (like J12ABC) and transferring that? Hides the age - on a modern it looks like a private plate and only costs you the £80 fee. Just make sure the "donor" has been taxed within 5 years and still has a SORN in place.

Hence why my 09 plate Golf now carries H610UWR from a Volvo B10M coach

Update time.

I've found a plate,it was very cheap, like for nothing.

Well actually it was for nothing because I already own it ! About 10 years ago I had a company called CTU( yes,it was about the time 24 was big and no it had nothing to do with terrorists) and I bought a couple of CTU plates off the dvla, because I'm a dodgy fecker I got R5 CTU and M5 CTU and got plates made up with illegal fonts so they looked like RS and MS- my brother pointed out I should have got N5 CTU as its an anagram of people who mis-space number plates.

Anyway I left R5 on a Grand Espace years ago and M5 has been sitting on a Jag S-Type parked in a barn for about 4/5 years, I didn't put it on anything because I've had a couple 5 series BMWs and even I wouldn't put an M5 number on a dizzler 5er. But people on here suggesting dating but short plates reminded me and now the doovla have changed the rules I've just swapped it onto the Merc for £80 in about 90 seconds online.

Sorry for time wasting and if anyone wants a proper plate for a good price John K's your man.