Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Open Weekend 15/16 June

Six-cylinder

Ha......fitted too many parts at once!!

Take all your coils for a drive and try them one at a time..........

Bin or store accordingly

I fitted a string of parts starting with points gap check and visual inspection of distributor cap and then tried again after each new item was fitted. 

So the points maybe not switching the coil on off reliably?  Have you checked the earth link between the two parts of the distributor base plate?

Fitting coil number 4 gave me a spark at the king lead and refitting the original rotor arm means the car is working again, so far about 120 miles.

Great news on the LNA, what a brilliant save, this forum etc. Does it really need paint?

Asimo, that is very interesting info re coils, because HBOL for my Skoda just refers to resistance tests and not the point you note.

I've just read that this early Visa has been smashed up today, do you know it?

639f2ad4dca7387d7f8eeb46386a7d04.jpg

Is he OK?

I have met the owner a couple of times and at 2CV registers day we were showing off to the A series cars how a luxury car is!

I think he is an active member in the 2CV world.

post-4787-0-57010300-1498158442_thumb.jpg

Apparently he's ok but the car isn't. Sadly i don't know anymore though. It was just a post that someone put up on Facebook.

Apparently he's ok but the car isn't. Sadly i don't know anymore though. It was just a post that someone put up on Facebook.

This really sad news about the little green Visa, wonder what happened?   Enjoyed chatting with the chap at the 2CVGB Registers day 

The poor Metro looks very sorry for itself in that 'as found' pic, I imagine the interior got quite damp, which would explain that rust stain where they had left the rear seat back folded forward onto the back of the drivers seat.

The poor Metro looks very sorry for itself in that 'as found' pic, I imagine the interior got quite damp, which would explain that rust stain where they had left the rear seat back folded forward onto the back of the drivers seat.

It needs a beko deep clean for sure.

Following the disappointment of the postponement of a MG local gathering yesterday I held a one man MG show at home for myself tonight!

A rare moment when all three of my MGs were legal, working and at home, so I had to capture the moment.

post-4787-0-08758600-1498678764_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-91983800-1498678788_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-05374300-1498678801_thumb.jpg

The poor Visa mentioned earlier took quite a hit.

19366170_10155353217416763_5154807728979

Very sad. I had a drive of it last year, and it was absolutely peachy. Not likely it'll return to the road, though I did mention I knew someone who might be interested in a bent-but-solid shell for repair sections...

The poor Visa mentioned earlier took quite a hit.

19366170_10155353217416763_5154807728979

Very sad. I had a drive of it last year, and it was absolutely peachy. Not likely it'll return to the road, though I did mention I knew someone who might be interested in a bent-but-solid shell for repair sections...

Some times the "like" button is just not appropriate!

Spot on, some repair sections from it could save the car I bought from JohnK from being cut up.

• Like 2

Sad.

However not very sad nor can I unlike as at least it gave itself to allow it's enthusiast occupant to survive. Metal can be bent back into shape relatively easily. People not so much.

• Like 1