Cavcraft 2015: Vectra, because you're worthless.

Cavcraft

I drove it back completely unaware* of any problems with it. About 2 miles before that picture there was something of a bang, some steam and then loss of power.

Turns out a hose had freed itself, the RAC fella diagnosed a dodgy 'stat and said that had caused the initial thing then (after he did a sniff test) confirmed the head gasket haf shit itself. Fair play he tried to sort it until he realised the HG was bollocksed, so he did enough to get it home under it's own power as he followed me. He reckon it's not looking like any permanent damage to the engine and reckons a head gasket will do it.

We'll have a look (if it's here that long, and it might have a home already, though it's nothing definite) as I can't see it being too difficult or expensive to fix. It's only got 89,000 on the clock I think and is incredibly tidy.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I had a message about that earlier and it might be mine in two weeks time.

It's a bit mad, really. I went to see it, offered my usual shit price and was met with sort of indifference. Anyhow, she mentioned something about the V5 not being there. so I ahem 'adjusted' my offer accordingly (i.e £25 less) and was pretty much bombed out. Now, I think, if it hasn't gone by the time the V5 arrives, it's mine for the price I offered with the log book. 

No, I don't know, either.

peugeot 106 autoclocks.jpg

peugeot 106 auto oh yeah.jpg

Peugeot 106 auto bbbb.jpg

Peugeot 106 automatic Feb 15.jpg

I did the bloody crack in the bumper, fair pissed me off that did :(

Edit: Obviously, it's for sale.

1400, I think it's the TU 'suit case' job, but like the man with the built up shoe, I stand to be corrected.

GR8 news, everyone, I've just bought a Corsa B. With Lexus fucking lights!

BOOM!

image.jpg

• Like 2

I plan to offload it as soon as humanly possible. If push comes to shove, I'll de-twattify it and see if my daughter wants it as a learner car. This is the one I'd been chasing on/off for ages and that 'spodosols' meant speedo.
I've yet to (not) meet a harder person to deal with, communication was from his mum coming outside, asking me questions (and vice versa) then her going up to his bedroom for responses. Utterly bizarre, God knows how the communicate with each other in the house, probably two plastic cups and a length of string between the rooms.  

• Like 3

Ha ha that's hilarious! Reminds me of that little Britain sketch 'Pirate Memory Games', where the proprieter has to convey all the customers' questions to his wife, unseen upstairs. "Margaret, Margaret!" ................."Yeeeesss?".

...communication was from his mum coming outside, asking me questions (and vice versa) then her going up to his bedroom for responses.

Would it not have been quicker to write him a series of letters?  With second-class stamps?

Ha ha that's hilarious! Reminds me of that little Britain sketch 'Pirate Memory Games', where the proprieter has to convey all the customers' questions to his wife, unseen upstairs. "Margaret, Margaret!" ................."Yeeeesss?".

And esp. the one about the painting of a disappointed horse.

Ooo I do like that latest purchase. Shame about those crappy lights. They're not actually Lexus lights but more expensiver clear lights (shove them on the 'bay, some halfwit backward-cap wearing yoof would have them).

Young lad near me has got a 'SLG' - registered Corsa, same colour too.

The best bit is I was going to pay 35% more for this car last week, but they royally pissed me about. I just pretended to be someone else and got it a lot cheaper today.