ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

That Hummer bus is ludicrous, did it not occur to them to put the Hummer front a bit further down instead, thereby meaning they don't have to have that stupid under-grille and wings/bonnet that don't look like they fit right? And what on earth is that on the bonnet?Though in its defence, at least the windows are all sealed up, thereby silencing the haunting shrieks of a dozen fat slags on their way to a down-at-heel nightclub, where they will go WHOO and WAHEY and BLEURGH.

a dozen fat slags on their way to a down-at-heel nightclub, where they will go WHOO and WAHEY and BLEURGH.

Sound great-where can I join them/got any phone numbers :lol:

He actually seems to think that's a manual for all cars, 1973-1979.... nowhere in the listing does it mention Peugeot or 104.

Which might make it worth £30.... and about twelvty billion pages thick (with lies).

I would've thought you could buy the best XM in the world for 2k - but seemingly not... And its not even an estate

Some nice stuff in the background though! 8)
Also selling this CX for five large with only 160k on the clock

Posted Image

Nearly as out of touch as that Saab dealer, these people must be totally oblivious to the fact that most people hardly have a mountain of disposable income at the moment. However fair play to the guy if he can rake in nearly 10k for two well-used old Citroens, you could just about get an early C6 for that sort of money now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Taero-Concept-Flying-Car-Aircraft-Aeroplane-Fly-Auto_W0QQitemZ200306036327QQihZ010QQcategoryZ32635QQcmdZViewItem

Posted Image

93k for a concept (partially built) flying car. Obviously it cant actually fly.

If anyone is interested i have a partially built Hillman Imp in the garage that will be capable of time travel when it is finished. A bargain at £110,000.

He actually seems to think that's a manual for all cars, 1973-1979.... nowhere in the listing does it mention Peugeot or 104.

Which might make it worth £30.... and about twelvty billion pages thick (with lies).

what a moron, why don't these goons do a quick search to find out a credible asking price?

£30 LOL

Posted Image

You're meant to buy them?? I just borrow them from the library.If my local library haven't got one, I go down to the other one, where they sell the head units and alloy wheels and shit. Halfords they call it. Loads of haynes manuals, read up on what you need to know and try not to forget it whilst you drive home.

This isn't on eBay but I was astounded when I saw it. You can't see the price on the website as it's been sold but in the magazine ad it was.......£6995 !

Now it's a super looking thing, but 7 grand for an A40 Farina?

It's not just me is it???

http://www.europeanclassiccars.co.uk/cars_19.html

Posted Image

Serves me right for buying the glossies :lol:

You're meant to buy them?? I just borrow them from the library.If my local library haven't got one, I go down to the other one, where they sell the head units and alloy wheels and shit. Halfords they call it. Loads of haynes manuals, read up on what you need to know and try not to forget it whilst you drive home.

When I worked at Halfords I had this kind of photocopying racket going on with the sandwich shop \ newsagent down the road.Any of the non cellophane'd manuals were fair game. 'Go and see Jon on parts' they'd say, and I'd nip out in my break and get it done.

This isn't on eBay but I was astounded when I saw it. You can't see the price on the website as it's been sold but in the magazine ad it was.......£6995 !

Now it's a super looking thing, but 7 grand for an A40 Farina?

It's not just me is it???

http://www.europeanclassiccars.co.uk/cars_19.html

Posted Image

Serves me right for buying the glossies :lol:

When i went down to weigh some scrap in today there was a Mk2 A40 Farina sat in their yard. Someone had abandoned their project and just weighed the poor thing in. They'd done most of the welding and rebuilt the engine before giving up. It needa a sill, some work on the wings, paint and the engine and bopx refitting but the rest looked quite decent. I felt a major twinge of nostalgia for my old A40. It's still weighing on my mind now and I think a phone call might happen tomorrow. Even if I don't do it, it might be worth rescuing anyway as someone else might want to take it on.

Might be interested in an A40 project there. Was it a cunt tree man?

No just a saloon. It was red with a black roof and red (more like pink) interior. It had the early style dash (black crackle finish rather than pretend wood print). I'll find out more tomorrow. Annoyingly i didn't have my camera one me.

When I worked at Halfords I had this kind of photocopying racket going on with the sandwich shop \ newsagent down the road.Any of the non cellophane'd manuals were fair game. 'Go and see Jon on parts' they'd say, and I'd nip out in my break and get it done.

Photocopying? Pah. So 20th Century. When I was doing the brakes on a Mondeo I just took my digital camera down and took macro shots of the pages. It was my mates car, he was too cheap to buy a manual for it and I didn't want to be stuck with a manual for a car I didn't own.In the end it was all a work of fiction anyway so I'm glad I didn't buy it! Or maybe it's Ford's habit of changing things twenty times between model years.

Hey Ratdat, which scrappies do you frequent? There seems to be good stuff there :D

The A40 was in Andrew Riddels which is a scrap metal recyclers rather than a breakers. The only decent breaker (albeit pricey) round here now is Windleys. The two at Donna Nook don't have much of interest.

I snapped some pics of the A40 today but I won't have any idea on price until the morning as the bloke wasn't about for me to ask. Clicky piccys...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image