"Scene" twats.

barefoot

I 'sort' of get the drift thing and the really good ones are impressive to watch but it's the ruination of many an undeserving RWD motor. They weld their diffs up and then walls fall on top of them...

I like drifting it's great to watch and there is skill involved. It's also quite accessible as in anyone can buy a shagged out e36 for a few hundred quid, put a hydraulic handbrake in it,a partial cage and some ebay coilovers and you're away.  You can then work your way up improving your car as companies like drift works and the like sell upgraded components that just bolt into your existing cars. If you then look at what the guys with the money are doing at an engineering and pure and car p0rn level there's some pretty amazing stuff going.

It's also (at an amatuer level anyway) relatively low speed so it's not overly dangerous.I went up to driftland in Fife and most of the cars will be lucky if they're hitting 60 at the very maximum down the short straights.

I imagine most of you will hate this (look away volvo fans) but

this

DSC_0199.jpg

Turned into this.

25755-1e12c11152032aaa67e83f95cce06d54_z

https://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/164593-volvo-245-gt-d.html

Cracking job he has done.

I don't mind that Volvo at all, there's obviously a huge amount of proper engineering and skill gone into making that. I'm sure the people who created that car would quite rightly be horrified if they thought they were being mentioned in the same breath as the gormless morons who take angle grinders to suspension components and 'rust-ify' their cars to make them look 'cool'.

To me, there's a huge difference between someone having a vision of how a car is to end up looking, and the purpose it's to be used for and the various steps that make it all happen, and the twats who arbitrarily copy what they see other twats doing on certain forums just so they can be part of the crowd.

THAT'S 'scene' ;)

• Like 3

I didn't mean it sarcastically. I do like it. There is a big vw "scene" near me. One chap has a sanded down split screen with the exhaust sticking out about two foot of the rear of the vehicle,bent round an back into the engine bay. Another has a series land rover body on a beetle chassis. Engine in the rear but run the exhaust pipe to the front and out the wing stack style with a metal old type teapot ton it that whistles as he drives. The guy who used to live at end if our street last year bought a j plate big bumper gti 8 valve. Body looked ok but it needed new heater matrix,gearbox and headgasket. He paid 700 for it,repaired it,camo on the roof,stick on carbon fibre lookey likey on the bonnet and the obligatory front number plate in the car on the dash and rear plate was pressed style German style. He said he had been offered 3k for it but surprise surprise he didn't want to sell it.

That 245 looks the dogs danglies. 112%/10.

The Corvette LS1 into 740s seems quite common stateside if Y'alltoob is to be believed. My choice would still be a Cummins 6BT-24v diseasil though.

That's what I was trying to get to with the drift thing. It's not just numpties trying to drift 1.4 Volvo 340's there's some properly great cars out their built by some really talented people.

I don't want to watch drifting and I don't like sports that are judged like dancing or such like but I would like to have a go. I had great fun getting the L200's back end out on greasy roundabouts.

I saw the red car in the first page and thought 'OK, fair play to him, that looks pretty smart.' Then I skipped a few pages in and saw this...

aa0e1410-1.jpg

Could someone who's into this kind of thing please explain why this isn't illegal, unroadworthy and MOT-able? I'm genuinely interested to hear from any of the forum's MOT testers to understand how on earth something like that gets a ticket.

The Red >> to >> GREY VloVo 240 is EPIC...

886402_643641095651264_1135573481_o_zps0

.... but we might forgive him the 'wing/tyre interface'.... nothing Hacksawed/Halfrauds Coil-over going on here...

tooSavvy

I like drifting it's great to watch and there is skill involved. It's also quite accessible as in anyone can buy a shagged out e36 for a few hundred quid, put a hydraulic handbrake in it,a partial cage and some ebay coilovers and you're away.  You can then work your way up improving your car as companies like drift works and the like sell upgraded components that just bolt into your existing cars. If you then look at what the guys with the money are doing at an engineering and pure and car p0rn level there's some pretty amazing stuff going.

It's also (at an amatuer level anyway) relatively low speed so it's not overly dangerous.I went up to driftland in Fife and most of the cars will be lucky if they're hitting 60 at the very maximum down the short straights.

I imagine most of you will hate this (look away volvo fans) but

this

DSC_0199.jpg

Turned into this.

25755-1e12c11152032aaa67e83f95cce06d54_z

https://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/164593-volvo-245-gt-d.html

I've got a 240, I heartily approve of this. lots of hard work,skill and careful planning gone into this. If I had the skill I'd shove a nice big 8 pot in mine.

remind me. What is it with the pineapple? Something to do with the rammel they load on the roof?

Oh and that volvos luuurley!

I want this free information too.

It's the greatest mystery in all of Autoshite.

I am not 100% sure myself but was under the impression it was due to a moron with a roofrack full of scrap plus he was clever enough to add a pineapple.

LMAO.

I asked this question in the 'Stupid question amnesty' thread, but it went un-answered.

This makes me wonder how many on here actually know the meaning.

If you don't, but you go along with it anyway, that's pretty scene. :D

There will be DUB-SCEEN_TWATZ everywhere claiming they were the first with the tropical fruit. They can shove it up their 'ananarse'...

;)

• Like 3

I have been guilty of making pineapple references without having the faintest idea where it came from. It does rather look as though nobody else knows either, which is a pity as I would love to know the origin of it.

• Like 2