Shitefest Cymru - 16th-18th May 2014

dollywobbler

!!!! SAILE NOw ON!!!1!

Extendid for extra times du to demand!!!!

Selling Veg Oil in 20L containers- 50p/Litre - £10 a container.

Filtered to 1 micron, water free.

I can bring a max of about 160L/180L.

I can bring a funnel too for campsite re-fuelage.

Please PM me for details!

I will be camping because it would be a bit of a squash to fold myself up in the back of the Y10 and I'm too much of a cheap skate to get a hotel room.

I will be 'camping' but under fibreglass rather than canvas, so not sure that really counts. I could sleep on the floor of the van and promise not to turn the heater on, then I would be really roughing it!

I will be 'camping' but under fibreglass rather than canvas, so not sure that really counts. I could sleep on the floor of the van and promise not to turn the heater on, then I would be really roughing it!

If the weather is really grim, I can see that a lot of male bonding will take place. How many people CAN you fit in a VW LT?

My mate is tempted to come along with me now, depending if he can get off work, so i rang the hotel to see if i could add him to my room, I've now swapped to a twin room for the same price and they said it's only an extra £45 for the two nights to add him which seems great value to me.

I have a good tent and a shit tent, I will use the good tent and FPB7 gets the choice of shit tent or car.

The car has been prepared, this means that I have pumped the tyres, fulled the fuel tank, trickle charged the battery back from 11.3V to 12.4V (it then started instantly) and given it a wash.

The mighty Kia will spin a wheel if you give it beans in 1st, which is more than my old Uno ever did and I have run it on a 40mph road on which it will hold top gear at 1500 revs.

Only 1300cc, 8 valves and 60ish horses but the engine seems very smooth and torquey for moving 800kg.

I considered removing the wheels and checking the brakes but then realised, if I found they were shit then I still wouldn't get round to changing them before next weekend and they seem to work ok.

I'm bringing a tent which is handy as I'm not bringing a car and I'm far to tight to shell out for a room.  Fear not Gary,  I have warned Red5 to expect excess baggage.

I seriously hope the weather is better than this next weekend. It's blowing an absolute gale and has been pouring down. Pegs should go in nicely. Until they hit the slate bedrock anyway...

We had to cancel an event here because of the miserable weather this weekend. It's not all bad, means I have a full tank of super unleaded ready for next weekend!

Unfortunately I shall not be attending in the 205, which I have been working on getting fixed for this weekend for the last 6 months. The list of little niggley jobs is growing the more I think about it.

It runs and drives okay, and I went out for a spin tonight (it is fucking rapid with the tuned XUD9TE) but it is impossible to get it MOT'd for next weekend.

:(

Instead I shall be attending in the Red Speedsmobile Lada.

Guest Breadvan72

Big regrets, wanted to come, but vehicles kershaggered and all that usual blah.

Or... do I dare try this, from South Oxon to Walesistan in 1976 Landy set for maximum noisy?     Tempted.....

anybody got a camp air pump i could borrow?

please??

please?

bueller?

ta

Yes,  I'll add it to the packing list if nobody else is bringing one anyway.