FSO Cars UK

CYANIDE STEVE

Apologies for not having anything profound to say but that's bloody marvellous... Please keep up the good work. :)

WP_20140321_066.jpg

Oh, and this NEEDS to be in next years calender!

• Like 1

Excellent - another person breathing new life into an unpopular and rare car, although it puts my efforts to shame! Will we be seeing it in May do you think?

• Like 1

The picture on this page I took on the road from Settle to Malhamdale, we'd come from Ullswater via Windermere

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_450 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you all for your lovely comments. It means alot  :-D

Brilliant. How's the decapitated pick-up getting on?

It has been left in my garage at home at the moment as it's just a shell on axle stands and difficult to move and I've been busy with other projects. I will be making a start on it again at home within the next couple of weeks. I am making it into a mobile workshop/recovery vehicle :-D 

Excellent - another person breathing new life into an unpopular and rare car, although it puts my efforts to shame! Will we be seeing it in May do you think?

Yes I fully intend on going to the event in May. Looking forward to it

That's stunning I'm well impressed.  I take it it's been to Loch Tay judging by the photos?

No, we didn't venture that far north last week, although if we'd had more time we probably would have done. I was staying with Edd (SambaS) last week and he had to get back for work at 4pm each day. Needs must. He needs to finance his Autoshite addiction somehow :-D  

Apologies for the crap quality of the pics. I had my camera phone on some weird setting that turned everything blue.

Last month, Benno and I bought another FSO Caro each on the same day. So a very exciting day for both of us. (Well I was. It's always difficult to tell if Bennos excited ;-) )

Both were 1.5 GLi but Bennos Gold one was a limited edition Solitare and has quite an interesting history and spec as it was used as a motorshow car when it was new.

My one is the blue one and was sold to me as the owner had to give up driving a couple of years ago due to health issues and had stored it in his garage, giving it a run now and again.. It is fairly good condition with only 11,000 miles from new. It's by no means perfect so at some point I will spend a month on it at HQ, strip it to the shell and cut out all the rot and restore it to as new condition. I will leave this one completely standard and use it for the occasional show. 

StuffoffphoneMarch2014085_zpsf6e79723.jp

StuffoffphoneMarch2014083_zps3ae4d879.jp

StuffoffphoneMarch2014082_zpse0acfeda.jp

Love the wheels on Benno's new one!

I bet this lot would like to see a report on the fixing of his "Caroline" which was punted up the chuff by a Focus...

Your new blue one was a lucky find!

Do you have a picture of it on the A-frame behind the Polonez Truck?

Guest benno

I like it, its got an alarm, an immobiliser, electric front windows, electric sunroof and central locking. Also lots of faux wood.

inside_gold_caro_zpsf328e67b.jpg

Guest benno

No that's my old truck, we ended up getting two from the same place, luckily only one had been cut in half. It's now back in one piece but Steve still has a fair bit to do on it.

Blimey! Is that the truck that was chopped in 2 on towing duties?

Amazing work recomissioning that!

Yes as Ben said, this was his old one which I have now owned for about 8-9 months. I am starting back on the other two piece one which is now a one piece shell in a couple of weeks time and will have it on the road as a mobile workshop/ recovery vehicle in October ;-) 

• Like 2

Here are some pics of the total rebuild and restoration of My FSO Caro 1.5 GLi

Only on Autoshite!  This is what makes this forum so special! :)

• Like 4

Kudos Steve and Benno. Kudos! :)

Is anyone aware as to what happened to the red FSO Caro diesel that was on eBay recently (in Lowestoft, Suffolk)? I know Mr. Ramrod of this Parish was interested in it. Last time I looked bidding was up to nearly Ã‚£900.

Guest benno

The auction got pulled, a few in the owners club were interested and had bid on it, I don't know if someone agreed a deal or if there was schill bidding was going on. Shame as it looked a nice one, plus the diesel cars are few and far between.

I was interested in it, but lost interest when I saw it run away over my budget.  Having an FSO again, especially a red one, would almost have been worth living with a tractor engine and learner gearbox.  Having said that, I did bid rather more on a Cadillac...

I suspect the Caro went to a cash offer, probably outside of ebay altogether.  Of course I could be wrong (and excessively generous) and there could have been some shill bidding going on. 

This is the Caro Truck which was in two pieces when we Collected it in 2012. Due to moving to the workshop and having other projects on the go, this is how it stayed in my garage. Happily I'm going to start work on it again the week after next...

FSOTruckrestorationpart16003.jpg

Some of you may remember the sad event of Bennos FSO Caro diesel 'Caroline' getting bum raped by a Focus.

I have recently started work on her and I'm aiming to get her finished by the end of April, so Ben can tax her for the 1st May.

940801_169202633246096_1012470015_n_zps6

Caroline001_zpsd78023ce.jpg

Caroline003_zps5a4b401d.jpg

Caroline004_zps708c0616.jpg

Caroline005_zpscdabc60e.jpg

I didn't know Caroline was a diesel!

The floor doesn't look bad behind those bent panels. If anyone can get her straightened out, it's you Steve. :)

Before Niko was on the road and Caroline was hit up the back, she was probably the best condition one in the club, which made it even more of a shame that this happened to her.

Today I cut all the panels off the breaker I have at HQ to repair Caroline, so she's well on the way to getting repaired.

• Like 2