Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

IMG_20240709_152834.jpg.10d167fa0977a31a2ffdd3aeab4ba28d.jpg

I love this. After a bit of searching, it's an FSC Zuk I want one.

Thanks for sharing photos from your trips.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I love this. After a bit of searching, it's an FSC Zuk I want one.

Thanks for sharing photos from your trips.

Yes, from Poland. I didn't have time for a close inspection but it looked really clean as it drove past. 

• Like 1

I was looking at that for a full 10 seconds thinking 'I don't remember Skylines being that small' before I realised what it was. 😛

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

I can see my office from there, must be local!

My “office” is about 100 in the other direction on Constitution street! 😅

6 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

My “office” is about 100 in the other direction on Constitution street! 😅

St Mary’s? How long for?

1 hour ago, Wibble said:

St Mary’s? How long for?

Yes, just til Saturday unfortunately then I’m off again and back in Ireland 

47 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

Yes, just til Saturday unfortunately then I’m off again and back in Ireland 

Well I hope one day you might make it to Holy Ghost parish Basingstoke too and I can take you for a spin in the Cortina.

36 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Well I hope one day you might make it to Holy Ghost parish Basingstoke too and I can take you for a spin in the Cortina.

I wouldn’t say no to a spin in the Senator either 😅 Would like to see how it compares to the 84 Senator I had in 2020

I always like to get out of the heat of Rome in July/August and give a hand in a few parishes where there is need. Last year I was in Wales, this year in Scotland..perhaps next year I’ll go further south, I’ll let you know if I do!

1 minute ago, The Vicar said:

I wouldn’t say no to a spin in the Senator either 😅 Would like to see how it compares to the 84 Senator I had in 2020

I always like to get out of the heat of Rome in July/August and give a hand in a few parishes where there is need. Last year I was in Wales, this year in Scotland..perhaps next year I’ll go further south, I’ll let you know if I do!

No problem at all! Help in our parish is definitely needed . Our parish priest has just lost his Dad and our other priest has suffered a severe stroke. Must get the Senator in for MOT. Please do let me know if you’re heading our way at any point.

This DFSK  with advertising body is parked on the grass by a Layby on the A421 near us.

I am surprised it has lasted there for several weeks and it has not been moved on by the council or vandalised.

IMG_20240720_115402 broad.jpg

IMG_20240720_115415 broad.jpg

Spotted this 1990s Audi 100   S6 on my way home from Tesco this morning. Wunderbär! :)

1990s Audi S6.jpg

1 hour ago, ProgRocker said:

Spotted this 1990s Audi 100   S6 on my way home from Tesco this morning. Wunderbär! :)

1990s Audi S6.jpg

It still breaks my brain how long ago that shape of Audi was launched.  The design still looks fresh today, and if you asked me with no prior knowledge I'd probably say very late 90s/early 00s purely based on looks.  

Audi is one of those brands I generally have little real interest in, but that generation is one I'd happily daily, and really must have been a real high point for the company.  I know a couple of folks who have had them and they really did feel like properly quality motors both in design and execution, in a similar way to the W124 Mercedes, albeit much more modern rather than traditional feeling.

7 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

This DFSK  with advertising body is parked on the grass by a Layby on the A421 near us.

I am surprised it has lasted there for several weeks and it has not been moved on by the council or vandalised.

IMG_20240720_115402 broad.jpg

IMG_20240720_115415 broad.jpg

I don’t know why this hasn’t dawned on me before now, but are these just a rebadged Suzuki Supercarry?

Too old to be tat?
St Austell way this morning - briefly met this beauty on the road home.
image.jpeg.6145783b61c14042af97fd75facb2295.jpeg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, The Vicar said:

I don’t know why this hasn’t dawned on me before now, but are these just a rebadged Suzuki Supercarry?

No. Well not the supercarry you remember from the 90s/00s. They're chinesium, and apparently very fragile. 

Edited by High Jetter
Spelling

1 hour ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Too old to be tat?
St Austell way this morning - briefly met this beauty on the road home.
image.jpeg.6145783b61c14042af97fd75facb2295.jpeg

Modern for St. Austell.

Edit: I've worked out where that is now. Exceedingly modern for Bugle!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, captain_cal said:

Modern for St. Austell.

Edit: I've worked out where that is now. Exceedingly modern for Bugle!!!

Geography A ++ (was hauling sprog's house contents out of Bugle and up to West Wales).
Not been that far down Cornwall since 1986 when I sailed Falmouth > Brest > Fowey > Plymouth as staff of a sail training vessel) - things have changed (like a dual carriageway over Bodmin Moor).

Lazier than lazy - Friday past, Ledbury Tescos, one of these sailed across my bows when I was camera-less. Top down with panama wearing, older gent in the pilot seat - looked ace

image.png.77d16bb351eaa10d32066f4b686b44ef.png

• Like 3

Can't remember the last time I saw a Eurovan on the road.

IMG_20240722_1336112.jpg.61a45751f130fc98a54c8bf2aba9321e.jpg

25 year old Citroen Synergie, extravagantly dented and with the rear rows of seats stripped out for use as a traders hack (paint cans and ventilators in the back), but relatively shiny and MOT'd through to May 2025, so someone still wants it to live on...

Saw this in Whitley Bay on Saturday. Presumably being driven through the town centre on the hope it would hit the lights and get noticed. 

IMG20240720154532.jpg

XM having moved 100m during a day. Cool at all times.

xm by day (with bearded driver/guru  in situ)

IMG_6871.png.8a801169ed55a3963229e9b624cf8e32.png

xm by sunset (minus beard)

IMG_6872.png.031284f4020e54249b5cd22bd2dd2d26.png