Ashes to Ashes Tonight

trigger

Even though I don't like the show I was still disgusted at Steve Wright asking Philip Glenister if the car was a Capri. How could anybody be unaware of the show's catchphrase, let alone somebody who has been paid (with our money) to interview the star?

Steve Wright was an obnoxious loudmouth Gobshite 20 years ago on Radio 1, and has ruined weekday Radio 2 for me. Terrible wanker.I couldn't believe how bad Reginald Perrin was last night - and that Martin Clunes would even do it. He just dragged himself up the toilet humour that was Men Behaving Badly which was about as funny as a blocked drain. Doc Martin however was excellent. Reggie Perrin WAS Leonard Rossiter, and CJ belongs to John Barron. End of story.S-s-s-super Reggie!Grreat!The Sweeney remake should suit the incredible acting range of Ray Winstone to a tee........

The problem with the Sweeney is they can't find a suitable Carter.

Meant to be some guy called Michael Fassenbender playing Carter.I have a similar problem with them supposedly doing an A Team film. Who can play B.A. other than Mr T? Nobody. Should leave well alone.

I saw the very first Ashes to Ashes, and decided it wasn't for me. I must admit I quite enjoyed the first one - life on mars, but the BBC consistantly fails to maintain any form of momentum with their dramas. Secondly I get really annoyed by the incorrect registration on that Quattro - yes, its anal but is a fundimental flaw. I'm picky on what I watch anyway. Maybe the BBC should do some proper research, or perhaps employ someone who isn't lazy (I wonder what lengths they go to 'research'?) and who knows the score when it comes to car selection and dating? The last program I really enjoyed that had realistic levels of consistancy and detail was the fantastic 'Our friends in the North'. It was worth tuning into every week, they got the quality, drama and detailing pretty much perfect. It can't be that hard?

I get really annoyed by the incorrect registration on that Quattro - yes, its anal but is a fundimental flaw.

And just what the otherhalf tells me off for commenting on-weather its heartbeat/ashes/mars etc there is allways glaring errors. Human nature/misinformed who knows.

Was the Princess really mint? Anyone have the bottom line on it? I thought it looked very straight, but I just can`t believe someone at some point during the filming did`nt just think "Hang on, shouldnt we substitute this for a knacker before we roll it?".Despite warming to this silly program a fair bit, I do not think it worth the loss of a nice Princess.

Two words for the many people who have been astute enough to recognise how lazy, juvenille and pointless this exerable excuse for a tv show is. The. Wire.End of....

My missus brought home the first series of this quite a while ago now, as yet still unwatched in it's plastic wrapping on top of the DVD. I take it the show is much cop then. Presume no kit in in though

Two words for the many people who have been astute enough to recognise how lazy, juvenille and pointless this exerable excuse for a tv show is. The. Wire.End of....

AKA in the states as The Wire (We Bothering With This Shit Of a TV Show.)

I did start watching the first series of Ashes to Ashes but lost interest after a few episodes. I thought they should have left it as it was with Life on Mars finishing as it did.

I'm a big Wire fan too, took a few episodes to get into but when it hooked me it hooked me good. When I finished watching series 5 on DVD I just sat there and thought what am I going to do for TV now. The benchmark is The Wire which I just end up watching again and again.There is quite a bit of shite in it too. Jimmy McNulty's crappy Chevy Cavalier is of worthy note.......

BUGSPiss poor plots...Dodgey Eurosonic CB radios being pandere as state of the art long range scanners and electronic door openers..Bad guys driving old Citroens..Fookin Kwality in a wet paper bag 8)

Want a great cop show that looks fantastic, has a cracking script and is crammed with quality actors of both sexes who are also ridiculously gorgeous?Then check out 'Spiral' on BBC4. It's French of course and that alone will deter the mouth-breathing masses but it's one of the best things I've seen in years. I think they're repeating the first series now (on BBC4) so people are up-to-speed with the story in readiness for Series two. ps. Did anyone notice I said 'Series' instead of 'Season'. That's because I'm from Lancashire not Los F***ing Angeles. Others take note.

Was the Princess really mint? Anyone have the bottom line on it? I thought it looked very straight, but I just can`t believe someone at some point during the filming did`nt just think "Hang on, shouldnt we substitute this for a knacker before we roll it?".

Making TV is a fairly expensive business, by the time they'd got a few researchers, runners, best boys and grips on the job they'd have spent more than every Princess ever made is worth.

Yes, that much :wink:

• 1 month later...

and this one

Posted Image

are on in the finale next week!

Happy days, looking forward to it!

2 cool for skool!, Can't wait to see that one get in on the action next week!.

Posted Image

This one is just like my dad's old one which he got new in 1985, B3** WHK, same colour but his was a SWB petrol, he kept it until 1992 when it got traded in for a new P100 1.8TD (which blew up after 4 years and 36k).

I remember him coming home one day around 1991ish with the front wing dented and indicator smashed, He hit a fellow villagers week old Merc 220E in a lane coursing £2000 to the Merc.

If your dad's was a B reg, it would have had the facelift, which is actaully what the LWB is, just backdated her with the lights and grille (it's cosmetic, made from a phase1 and phase2 grille, so the rad doesn't have to be disturbed)

Her she is now, with her natural front end and custom spoiler

Posted Image

This is the surveillance van (genuine Mk2 phase1)

Posted Image

Didn't look like that when we bought her....

Posted Image