Look what I saved from the bin today

Tamworthbay

That's quality, my only recent bin save is this from a house clearance:

post-2711-0-53627900-1461095059_thumb.jpg

It looks all to be there, but I've no idea if it works or not, if anyone is interested in taking it on please let me know!

I have known about it for a while and looked at it several,times in admiration and even looked for a copy on eBay. Thankfully I was in the right place at the right time today as it was being carried to the bin, a quick diversion saw it land in the back of my car. Now thinking it's too nice for the garage and have found a great spot in the hall. The other half needs a little convincing.

• Like 3

It will go nicely in the hall, it's the size that's the issue but once it's up the perfection of fit will be obvious to all. And it's a done deal.........

• Like 1

When the local car shop closed i saved : A mobile ... :-D

post-17940-0-98243300-1461097149_thumb.jpg

And the outside kerb sign !  :mrgreen:

post-17940-0-51380000-1461097126_thumb.jpg

Can you still get oil in tin cans  ?

There was a Snap on clock too but someone else took it  :-(

I have known about it for a while and looked at it several,times in admiration and even looked for a copy on eBay. Thankfully I was in the right place at the right time today as it was being carried to the bin, a quick diversion saw it land in the back of my car. Now thinking it's too nice for the garage and have found a great spot in the hall. The other half needs a little convincing.

It will look superb on the wall of the bedsit when she throws you out ?

They throw all kinds of serviceable stuff in the skip at work, often just because a newer, shiner thing has taken over from the old thing. So far I've saved a working sat-nav and a half decent socket set - both things I use.

• Like 4

it is very nice,

its a goodyear promo poster thing in a nice frame showing each and every formula 1champion? who's car had goodyear tyres.

perhaps when the it elves get everything sorted then the picture will return?

I have a motorbike in bits under the bed so she has put up with FAR worse over the years.
  • Like 3

That's quality, my only recent bin save is this from a house clearance:

attachicon.gifIMAG3907.jpg

It looks all to be there, but I've no idea if it works or not, if anyone is interested in taking it on please let me know!

TCR!   Had a set as a kid and when at uni liberated some from friends who were chucking it out.   Had it all set up in our student living room for a while, fun for a few hours.   I ebayed it for around GBP40 in about 2002 so you should get something for it.  

It's pretty simple to set up, check the gold 'pick-up shoes' under the cars are there.

My old man used to work at a place where they routinely skipped 3-4 year old Apple Macs, getting them out the skip was a sackable offence, despite the machines still being serviceable and probably worth a few bob.

Yeah, that's a step in the right direction. I was watching Jay Leno's garage last night. He was showing off his FIAT Milicento that he bought completely un restored and rust free. Reason being, the previous owner kept it in his living room! For some reason, Jay reckoned he is living alone.

I rescued some old school desks from the wood skip at work before Christmas, I've just finished making us a lovely dining table out of them. Will try to find photos to add.

Skips are better than shopping centres.

edit: there you go...

post-16950-0-87852600-1461315355_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-65916100-1461315381_thumb.jpg