Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Im not actually sure you know, after looking on google it came up with this baseplate:

Posted Image

No manufacturer name, and it says USSR, so perhaps the model is older than me.......

It cost me £12, plus the £5 more for postage as its from Holland. There is another one on the bay at the moment I think.....

Are they rare? I have heard of them before, but does anyone with a wider knowledge know anything more?

Also, Peter, I see you have a schabak Passat? How much did that set you back? I really do want one of those.

1;43 two door Range Rover Classic. Who makes that then?And well done Hudson, I thought the top picture was real at first.

Solido, apart from it having non orange front indi's and red rear lenses, is actually a nice model, have resisted the urge fer 32" Chrome Rimz :lol:

somewhere in amongst that giant hoard was a photo with two what appear to be Series 3 Jaguar police cars, except they are 2 door. What's that then?

Also, I'd love to get an XJ40 like the green one in one of the first photos.

The green Jag XJ40s are by Matchbox. Not sure of their origin, but they are more detailed than the ordinary maroon coloured versions. See top left in photo:

Posted Image

The police cars are older Corgis (I think). They are Series 2 cars. Series 3 had black plastic bumpers!

Posted Image

I'm putting this nice set of Tomica Limited Vol. 1 Skylines up for sale:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

£80 including postage within the UK, which is less than I paid for them. Might sound expensive, but remeber there's 12 models in there. I don't know if they've ever been taken out of their individual boxes. This set covers the older models and has a standard and alloy-wheeled version of each one.

i just won this fer a fiver posted 8)8)

Posted Image

Skills! Fatha_wat's friend runs a tyre business in Sale and owns an 840 that used to belong to Jay Kay. His name's on the log book and everything.

In other news, I managed to track down a 'Scandinavia only' Minichamps 1959 Amazon in red.

Posted Image

The vendor sent me a charming Netherlandglish meshage today saying he's posted it. Can't wait.

It's got loads of little details that were deleted on later cars like mine - the front grilles, hubcaps and boot garnish are different.

The seller from the Netherlands who I got that Niva off has this message on all his listings:

IT IS A "COLLECT WITH DIGNITY" AND A SPLENDID SUPPLEMENT IN YOUR COLLECTIE

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
YESH!I love Dutch accented English. There was a girl on the radio when I was at University (before foul illness) who was utterly beautiful. She also sounded a bit like Goldmember :D 'Ohhhh yesh, dish ish Eytey Sheven poynt sheven baylreeg eff emm and shat wash de Blahck Reybl Motrshycle Clubb....dey're great!'

'Ohhhh yesh, dish ish Eytey Sheven poynt sheven baylreeg eff emm and shat wash de Blahck Reybl Motrshycle Clubb....dey're great!'

Wat, were you a lancaster student then??You know I worked for LUSU for a bit, don't you...
I did not know that. I know you lived there for a bit, but you lived further north of the city than me.I was a student there but everything went to pot when my health declined. Everything faltered, I didn't get my degreeand it's only really now that I'm getting back to where I was before things went a bit pants.I'd like to go back there in ten years or so and do something postgraduate, as I liked living there, problems nothwithstanding.When were you there? We've probably met and not realised, although the campus is effing massive.I was on Bailrigg a HELL of a lot in my third year. I spent far too much time there when I should have concentrated on studying and getting better. I was also Head of Production for a term but then the other mancom members voted me out when the decided a recovering external student couldn't be on the management committee.

That Amazon is lovely.

Did a bit more outside photography, have an 850.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was really nice when I built it but as I was fitting the glass I managed to get a blob of glue on the windscreen....twat.....so I had to put a couple of figures in there and position the wipers to look like they are erm.... wipng with the washers being used.

Heres a couple of the garage....still got lots to do..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:)

Is this supposed to be a Dutch plate? If so, it's a 1985 registration...

Posted Image

I was just reading that back-and-forth between Pog and Wat and I genuinely forgot which thread I was reading. So on finding that picture of the 850 I tried to click it thinking it was an eBay link to a real car.... well done!

its screams 'ringer' walk away

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

you need to try it on cut grass hudson, car roof gives it away, look bloody good though, loving the big tool set 8)8)8)

Michiel, didnt realise the age of the plate. I've got a selection of plates saved from truck kits, how do you tell the year so I can bring it up to date?Pillock, thanks mate :D VW, I'm just practicing with the pics, need a better camera, and remember to paint the side repeaters on..... :oops::oops: