For the Reliant 3-wheeler fans...

ProgRocker

I'm a Reliant Rebel owner and a frequent poster over on the R3W Forum. James is a nice chap, I've bought quite a few parts from him and gives me help and advice when I ask for it. There just over 20 Rebels left that are roadworthy with M.O.T. There are quite a few being restored which is good, the 3 wheeled Reliants are declining due to no brainer banger racers. Some of 'em are alright though like offering parts on the forum. I'd love a Mk1 Robin with a Galvanised chassis.

cixvq.jpg

Excellent! When I was about 9 I became really obsessed with Reliants. I still am a bit I guess. There is just something so great about them. Ignoring the 'shite' qualities, the Mk1 Robin was actually one of the nicest, cleanest bits of mass-produced design from the 70s. I've been waiting for Vanguards to do a model of one for ages, I reckon it'd sell like hot cakes. I'd probably buy 3.

This is the Rialto van I was going to buy, until Footman James decided they wouldn't insure me on anything made after 1990.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

It was a real shame because it was in fantastic condition, one owner and devoid of all the usual old giffer fibreglass cracks. It also had loads of bills for work carried out, old MOT's etc.

I thought it was a bargain if I'm honest. The garage had put a brand new exhaust on it as well. If anyone fancies it it's at MJ Steptoe in Shoeburyness, Essex.

There was a 'new' one parked just up the street from us the other day. I had a look, took a pic (which will make the next spots update) and somehow it brought a smile to my miserable fizzer. Metallic silver, with cute little black Minilites; but the badge said 'BR-1' or somesuch. Tax disc said 'Reliant', so I'm not up on what's going on there, but cheap tax. Cheap. Cheap cheap.

I'd have the van. Dead practical for throwing all my work shite in and toddling off!

There was a 'new' one parked just up the street from us the other day. I had a look, took a pic (which will make the next spots update) and somehow it brought a smile to my miserable fizzer. Metallic silver, with cute little black Minilites; but the badge said 'BR-1' or somesuch. Tax disc said 'Reliant', so I'm not up on what's going on there, but cheap tax. Cheap. Cheap cheap.

I'd have the van. Dead practical for throwing all my work shite in and toddling off!

That'll be a BN1 'Robin'.

When Reliant shut down a company called BN1 Plastics took over making the Robin. That shut down a couple of years after (if that). :(.