Jump to content

It begins... Merc Coupe Collected.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I think it's a 1948 Seddon Atkinson tractor unit. 

May your windscreen wiper motor remain mobile, and your electric window switches be fully functioning. 

Posted

Arrived safely and early signs are good...

20260731_093453.jpg.7280c4fc3df0d129afda5d042ed48421.jpg

Posted

Utterly rammed on the train,  but breakfast acquired

  • Like 3
Posted
4 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

Utterly rammed on the train,  but breakfast acquired

Breakfast and Coffee, thats all you need!

Posted

McGrissle and egg with hot honey - very nice.

Any guesses for today's acquisition? 

I'm wondering how many of this post-skeggeh-holiday mob have tickets for their kid's feet.  😠 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Posted

As we coast towards Grantham, I've booked the new car in for an MOT as it expired 4 days ago, the car having been off the road for a coupel of months.

The owner assures me he has the logbook,  both keys and the service history.  We might be on to something half decent here! 

 

  • Like 3
Posted
Just now, EyesWeldedShut said:

Ford S-Max?

The interior of the train currently smells like your average S-Max.  Its warm, noisey and smells somewhere between foot odour and off-brand Nik-Naks

Posted

Hmmm - obvs you are familiar with the average S-Max then. However, despite no negation of my S-Max bid, it does sound like your previous experience may have put you off.
I'll upgrade my suggestion to......

2012 Scenic in this disarming alarming colour:
Used Renault Scenic 2012 Cars For Sale | Autotrader UK

  • Like 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

As we voast towards Grantham, I've booked the new car in for an MOT as it expired 4 days ago, the car having been off the road for a coupel of months.

The owner assures me he has the logbook,  both keys and the service history.  We might be on to something half decent here! 

 

all from different cars :D

Posted

Grantham now, and a change of direction towards Nottingham. 

The lovely Cowgirls - Mrs R and her best friend - have departed here for a country festival at Belvoir Castle. 😔 

In my kit today I've my trusty fox well obd reader, a jump pack and a knocked down tool kit.  Thankfully I've also got my headphones!

Posted

Nottingham- lovely station when it isn't as busy as this!

20260731_114005.jpg.8466a12455e9318ae4c6e7dd90753e49.jpg

  • Like 5
Posted

So, I'll guess its either a 1942 Jowett Javelin, a 1955 Vauxhall Velox or a 2001 Vauxhall Astra.

Posted
1 hour ago, ruffgeezer said:

We might be on to something half decent here! 

It's the other half you need to worry about! Chodspeed.

Posted

20260731_114952.jpg.15fe6eb48356324722598641eaee2494.jpg

A brief tramp through central Nottingham to Vicky's bus station via a similarly named shopping centre.

 

Handily the tunnel between the two doubles as a public toilet.

Straight onto the waiting bus from bay nein.

20260731_120642.jpg.91dcb28315673cf33d225fecccfe2583.jpg

Posted

Does sound like a family bus so I'll retract my previous 1948 Seddon Atkinson guess. 

Voxall Zafira 1.6 pez 'Elegance' 

Posted

The only suspension here is my disbelief at how fucked a bus can be and still be in service.

Here again we are blighted by folk scrolling tikkytok without headphones - so common to see class like this on public transport these days and so my headphones are in and MJ Lenderman is on.

  • Like 2
Posted
3 minutes ago, grogee said:

Does sound like a family bus so I'll retract my previous 1948 Seddon Atkinson guess. 

Voxall Zafira 1.6 pez 'Elegance' 

I had a Zafira once.  James Bond was envious of its smoke clouds, but not its unwillingness to start.  

I was 1 minute off of a delay repayment- that bloody journey cost me £5.50!  Why does everything here smell of piss?

  • Like 2
Posted

20260731_122850.jpg.8d7f2d749b03be3863b9294529b3feac.jpg

A bit of the former, but still OK on the latter for now, thankyou.

Final stint is on the shoe leather.  Has anyone followed the clues yet?

20260731_122906.jpg.4754bf6a1cd56212519e0e49aba6acbf.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted

20260731_123416.jpg.9f3e6f4856fdde1dfe29eb05db59fb59.jpg

Nice day for a wander.

Posted

Brown mile, send rain.

20260731_124034.jpg.1c0104cdbe1984316ca6553b00a21248.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

Thought it was that 340 Ovlov in the station pic!!

Posted

Collected, it's a couple of hours home, I'll check back in later to see if anyone got a good guess in.

  • Like 1
Posted
20260731_122850.jpg.8d7f2d749b03be3863b9294529b3feac.jpg
A bit of the latter, but still OK on the former, thankyou.
Final stint is on the shoe leather.  Has anyone followed the clues yet?
20260731_122906.jpg.4754bf6a1cd56212519e0e49aba6acbf.jpg

There were clues?

b4765dd84e445edf3fafb92f4570355f.jpg
  • Agree 1
Posted
1 hour ago, ruffgeezer said:

Why does everything here smell of piss?

Welcome to the mid-Lands.

I'm going to take your 'wanderer' and 'horsch' clues and guess that you're collecting an Audi. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...