2024 Quote of the year thread

brownnova

13 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Before Covid I was speaking to Timmy mallet at an art exhibit of his at the local bike shop.

Wouldn’t let me quote in the opening post… but here we go… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, brownnova said:

Wouldn’t let me quote in the opening line… but here we go… 

when you say opening line are you referring to Split_Pin's post that Rich was quoting?  like this?

11 hours ago, richardmorris said:
21 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Beautiful Acqueduct but fuck going over it on a boat. I can dul understand the fears, I'd be a wreck 😂

Before Covid I was speaking to Timmy mallet at an art exhibit of his at the local bike shop. He had just been to Wrexham and ponysyyttllle aqueduct to paint. I said I’d never been across despite being from there. I do suffer from a fear of drops not heights - it’s weird, and almost like you’re about to fall off the perfectly flat and stable surface. I can stand on top of a mountain with no problem. But a fire escape can make me hold on to the rails for dear life. Odd.

although I fucking despise  the text input/editor, I do take pride in making it my bitch so to speak LOL

59 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

when you say opening line are you referring to Split_Pin's post that Rich was quoting?  like this?

although I fucking despise  the text input/editor, I do take pride in making it my bitch so to speak LOL

No I meant opening post! 

4 hours ago, brownnova said:

No I meant opening post! 

Don’t drag me into this.  I was just invited to the event to make up numbers. 

• 1 month later...

Having direct experience of how an older L320 behaves when trying to go around a corner a little* bit too quickly, this struck a chord with me.

10 hours ago, leakingstrut said:

The RRS feels sporty and then it quickly reminds you it’s actually a big fat bastard wearing spanx.

• 2 weeks later...

He's not wrong....

On 19/02/2024 at 16:35, warch said:

our natural conditions are suited mainly to growing things like mushrooms and mould

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2024 at 20:32, maxxo said:

stays up for longer and just feels fantastic

Obviously on the subject of Citroën.

22 minutes ago, Garythesnail said:

Obviousy on the subject of Citroën.

Well it's obviously not Jaguar!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@sierraman

"CEO of Autoshite, £11.14 an hour, no bonus but a discount on Auto Aid. Company Maestro Clubman Diesel, 11p a mile fuel expenses and a company credit card with a £100 limit, night out allowance of £15 to spend either sleeping in the car or at a guest house in Blackpool in February. Uniform of a boiler suit and tin foil hat provided."

• Haha 2