Bargain Basement Bucket List Big Cat - Out for some daily duties (14/09/24)

320touring

I'm a fairly sensible chap. I don't smoke, or drink to excess. I have a decent job, lovely house and the ability to get myself nice things if I want.

It has not always been that way. Whereas I am now just foolish, I was once young and foolish.

As most of you know when young and foolish, sensibility and practicality are not top of the agenda.

Instead, excitement and escapism are much more to the fore.

Exotic and unattainable things are desired. 

Core memories form - intrinsically linked to the object and the feeling it creates in you. Raw, visceral and undiminished by time.

Witness the ubiquitous Countach poster on the teenager's wall. An easily recognisable 1980s representation of the experience I describe.

But not for me. No. I lusted after something entirely different. On Friday 1st December I get to collect one of my bucket list cars.

Join me as I find out if you should never meet your heroes...

9 minutes ago, 320touring said:

I'm a fairly sensible chap. I don't smoke, or drink to excess. I have a decent job, lovely house and the ability to get myself nice things if I want.

It has not always been that way. Whereas I am now just foolish, I was once young and foolish.

As most of you know when young and foolish, sensibility and practicality are not top of the agenda.

Instead, excitement and escapism are much more to the fore.

Exotic and unattainable things are desired. 

Core memories form - intrinsically linked to the object and the feeling it creates in you. Raw, visceral and undiminished by time.

Witness the ubiquitous Countach poster on the teenager's wall. An easily recognisable 1980s representation of the experience I describe.

But not for me. No. I lusted after something entirely different. On Friday 1st December I get to collect one of my bucket list cars.

Join me as I find out if you should never meet your heroes...

Excitement!

Strangely I get just as excited about the low cost cars I buy as the more expensive ones.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

If it's not an Austin Maxi I'm going to have to ask you to give back your Cool Gang card. 

..diesel, of course?  🤔

• Haha 2

I had a very 'pressing on' impressive poster on my bedroom wall....

BMW 3coop, Sytner red/silver.... Slicks, coming over/dropping a neat curve WITH 3 tyres showing air!!

Never owned a beemer but DEFFO have felt 3 air gaps, when caning my 998 IMP 😎🔥

Ahhhh..... feel better for that 🚙💨

7 hours ago, 320touring said:

I'm a fairly sensible chap. I don't smoke, or drink to excess.

You are EddyRamrod and I claim my five pounds.

Well I'm excited. My guess is it's summat German going solely off your username.

Thanks for giving me summat to look forward to during what is looking like will be a shite morning at work!

9 hours ago, 320touring said:

But not for me. No. I lusted after something entirely different.

It's the tennis girl scratching her bum, isn't it?

A Bedford Astra van that's been converted into a an estate car to avoid the registration tax, in that insipid cream colour that they all seemed to come in.

I'm running a sister thread on Pistonheads for the lolz. .

Some interesting suggestions over there as to what vehicle it is. 

From Bond Bug to Bristol

34 minutes ago, scdan4 said:

Supra or R5GTT?

Wrong continent on the first one, wrong manufacturer on the second

28 minutes ago, Sham said:

80's dream car? 

CRX or MR2

I didn't say it was 80s.. just that the Countach was an 80s example of what I was referring to.

Good choices though, but not what I am collecting