Cars, Lasses and Lads - A Photo Sharing Thread

Dick Longbridge

41 minutes ago, egg said:

loved that when I was 5, up there with Mr Benn and the Flumps ;-)

It was one of my favourites as well. They only did about 12 episodes many of which are now missing :(

On 5/27/2022 at 10:29 PM, artdjones said:

IMG_20220527_222857.thumb.jpg.85435a7e90da1015a60ab337c064c8af.jpg

"Aye, Henry, they are"

"Good, grab the keys, Doris"

15 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

It was one of my favourites as well. They only did about 12 episodes many of which are now missing :(

I used to love a bit of Chocka Block. We recently watched a bit on YT - literally the first time since childhood.  As with all these things, it wasn't quite as good as I remembered...

I didn't realise there were so few episodes produced. How do they manage to 'lose' episodes - crap storage? 

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I used to love a bit of Chocka Block. We recently watched a bit on YT - literally the first time since childhood.  As with all these things, it wasn't quite as good as I remembered...

I didn't realise there were so few episodes produced. How do they manage to 'lose' episodes - crap storage? 

A lot of programmes were deemed outdated or unsellable overseas and the BBC, ITV etc wiped and re-used video tape. Many saturday kids shows were live and only a few got recorded so very little remains. Look up missing episodes of Dad’s Army, Dr Who, Z-Cars etc it goes into quite a bit of detail what exactly happened as it’s too long to put here.

• Like 1