Jump to content

Tommy's A-series Misery - Swedish Bricks


Recommended Posts

Posted
3 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Many congratulations. How did she get oil on her dress, where you trying to top her up with it? 😀

White + Dipstick >> Wipe, wey aye 😉

🚙💨

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted

Not sure where the oil came from because I cleaned the car relentlessly for about 6 hours a few days before the wedding! That being said she knew what she was getting in for when she got in it 😂

Posted

I took the Seven out for a run to a car meet on Wednesday.

I got rained on and had to drive home in the dark. It took me 2.5 hours to do 45 miles 🥲 It was mostly without incident although the brakes on the drivers rear seized up on the way there. Thankfully I could just back or the cable tensioner and it freed them off.

There was some lovely stuff in attendance but it was quite a small turnout

PXL_20260819_174602032.jpg.0b9ca004b0bd6b7149a049943862c93f.jpg

PXL_20260819_175151288.jpg.7516a3b202e8d567a276952e893ebbbc.jpg

PXL_20260819_180040247.jpg.a5d57fb345308279088f1e8805101d6d.jpg

I did particularly like this very ropey Maxi

PXL_20260819_180055565.jpg.e8ff2e66328f857bb92224a2b2305771.jpg

PXL_20260819_180139277.jpg.3f41c732040c1701084249f4f5ba6541.jpg

PXL_20260819_182259411.jpg.7113f4e7a15eb0047aea551a68dbb24a.jpg

This Mini is owned by a relative celebrity in the Mini circles (Peter Valentine) and is a genuine Copper S that is still actively rallied.

PXL_20260819_181808113.jpg.3f835a76e015811b812c820623661c08.jpg

PXL_20260819_180149998.jpg.95110d40dd88877c2f0c1424b97b4dd4.jpg

I had to test out my 6V headlights properly on the way home. They keep sinking so I need to look at a way of securing them properly. I also got a bit cold 😅

PXL_20260819_195144363.jpg.3b47f1aed5365f39747b6ad4030a7ed9.jpg

  • Tommyboy12 changed the title to Tommy's A-series Misery - 48 hours of Collection Capers!
Posted

Collection Caper initiated!

Breakfast: Sausage and Hash Brown roll with a side of leftover chicken dippers

Beverage of choice: Yorkshire Tea

Poo Count: 1

Tent Disassembled: 1

Miles to go: 752

Morning campers! Today begins 48 hours of collection capers with two mystery cars to be collected and one to drop one off in the process. In my effort to buy and sell one car I've ended up with two. My new wife is very* pleased*!

This morning's mission was turn this:

PXL_20260831_081934167.jpg.c1691768d6a36b27986c40b498e24249.jpg

Into this:

PXL_20260831_081407569.jpg.843aa2718fe1aab8fa9758e39024ed5e.jpg

The venerable family Hyundai i10, now approaching 200,000 miles, has been roped into action as camping transport for the bank holiday in the Lake District and is now packed and ready to go to the first collection which is a mere 63 miles from our current location. We will be diverting via some sort of tourist attraction this morning however. Following collection we will continue a further 136 miles home in convoy through perilous roads such as the A1.

More to follow!

Posted

First stop the Lakeland Motor Museum! 

Today's collection caper is actually hiding in this picture!

PXL_20260831_095155972.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

You say Marina I say .....?

image.png.baa51aa25b4e6a384f661c354ba4f9a0.png

Farina?

  • Like 1
Posted

Not the Farina although definitely a future purchase.  We've left the motor museum and are on our way to the mystery car.

 

PXL_20260831_121156101.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted

We have arrived!

 

PXL_20260831_134447105.jpg

  • Like 7
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tommyboy12 said:

And we have collected!

 

PXL_20260831_135456893.jpg

Nice to see you again, please forgive my reckless parking and jitteriness earlier, I’m currently running on 3 hours of sleep and 4 double espressos 🤣 

Posted
3 hours ago, Weird Car said:

Nice to see you again, please forgive my reckless parking and jitteriness earlier, I’m currently running on 3 hours of sleep and 4 double espressos 🤣 

A pleasure as always! 

Were now safe home. A very uneventful, if traffic heavy, drive. It performed faultlessly!

PXL_20260831_173147048.jpg.23d47b7ff58ca5928b2899ca46ff1956.jpg

Now onto tomorrow...

Posted
7 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

First stop the Lakeland Motor Museum! 

Today's collection caper is actually hiding in this picture!

PXL_20260831_095155972.jpg

Took me a while to find it, do I win a prize?

PXL_20260831_095155972.jpg.e53e4c0e420fd0adeeeb2f81a49924723.jpg.080c51f3332386636c137fa2351cb69a.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

Day two of collection capers! It's 5.30am and I'm starting off with a fluid check on the Moggy.

Then I'm picking up a friend who decided to waste his day off coming with me to collect today's second mystery vehicle.

All you're getting out of me is it's a 5 hour drive and it's south of me!

 

PXL_20260901_042335765.jpg

Posted

5 hours in a Moggy from someplace around Peterborough? South you say?

That's be Huntingdon then...... car's going to be err... Dyane to go with the 2CV?

Posted

Were having a small break at Corley services. Running fine so far!

  • Like 2
Posted

We're making good progress. Weve stopped at Gloucester Services to be overcharged in the farm shop for breakfast

PXL_20260901_081715028.jpg

Posted

Such modern nonsense - go Disco!

 

Posted
1 minute ago, Tommyboy12 said:

I have arrived in Tavistock!

 

PXL_20260901_114812399.jpg

Hell Yeah! I desperately want the blue one. Always loved these 

Posted

Halfway back home now. We've made it back to Gloucester. It did a bit of a wee when we parked up but it's been running nicely 

PXL_20260901_150308585.jpg

Posted
22 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

Were now safe home. A very uneventful, if traffic heavy, drive. It performed faultlessly!

Of course, Its a 2 Cyl Citroen. They always* do

Posted

I got home eventually a few hours ago! Unfortunately I had to go straight back out so no time to update here but made it home without incident!

 

PXL_20260901_182154966.jpg

Posted
14 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

 

PXL_20260901_182154966.jpg

Is that a regular parking spot? I have a similar one outside my house too!

Posted
12 minutes ago, Surface Rust said:

Is that a regular parking spot? I have a similar one outside my house too!

Surely the oil staining tells you all you need to know about how regularly I park there... 😅

  • Haha 3
Posted
15 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

I got home eventually a few hours ago! Unfortunately I had to go straight back out so no time to update here but made it home without incident!

 

PXL_20260901_182154966.jpg

After such a long drive in both  I NEED to know which one you prefer driving? 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Weird Car said:

After such a long drive in both  I NEED to know which one you prefer driving? 

The Vanden is a far more comfortable drive. It was like driving your grandads sitting room home. But the 2CV is a far more engaging and rewarding drive. I actually really enjoy driving it flat out everywhere and not breaking the speed limit!

  • Like 2
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

The Vanden is a far more comfortable drive. It was like driving your grandads sitting room home. But the 2CV is a far more engaging and rewarding drive. I actually really enjoy driving it flat out everywhere and not breaking the speed limit!

Flat out every where in a 2CV you should be breaking speed limits 😉

I have the speeding tickets to prove it

also 

Just ask @chaseracer 🚗 💨 

  • Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...