SKcats fleet. Full weeb spec on the GS300.

Skcat

Just been busy fixing the camaro and getting it all ready, dodge has been used for daily duty and it's doing well;

AUMGpfq.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skcat said:

Just been busy fixing the camaro and getting it all ready, dodge has been used for daily duty and it's doing well;

AUMGpfq.jpeg

squint and its a rover 216 se

• 4 weeks later...

So the dodge is gone now, I swapped it for so to completely diffrent! My new passat:

8I4krpt.jpeg

Zw4jj58.jpeg

My first modified car. It was a 1.8, but at some point someone has fitted a vr6 in it! Sounds and goes great, a very cool change. Also has a set of Mx5 alloys thay suit it better then I thought they might. 

Always fancied a b3 or a B4 passat but they are always hanging. This one Is in great shape, the interior looks very nice. I think it's all been retrimmed. 

Already gotten busy messing with some little bits that require improvement, found a new old stock side trim to replace one that looked bad. 

4mJp5df.jpeg

• Skcat changed the title to SKcats fleet. VR6 Passat b3!
  • 4 weeks later...

That is awesome! I had German import left hooker B3 VR6 wagon. Loved that car but the auto box just sucked power out of it and ultimately I got pissed off with it and sold the car. Still regret it to this day, and I'd love another but like you say most of them are frilly at best.

The ride height and wheels work really well too. Enjoy!

B3 Passats were once absolutely everywhere in Brussels. A bit like how in the UK the XJ40 is referred to as the "Pub Landlords" choice of transport, the B3 Passat, particularly in estate form was known as the Moroccan butchers car.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a cheap 2000 GS300. It's petty rough but I've fancied one of these. Drives alright though, it only has 125k ish. Paint and inteiror is totally shot though! 

8PYNxac.jpeg

• Like 3

• Skcat changed the title to SKcats fleet. GS300 added to the fleet!
3 hours ago, Skcat said:

Picked up a cheap 2000 GS300. It's petty rough but I've fancied one of these. Drives alright though, it only has 125k ish. Paint and inteiror is totally shot though! 

8PYNxac.jpeg

I approve, the mileage shouldn't mean all that much outside of cosmetics.

44 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

I approve, the mileage shouldn't mean all that much outside of cosmetics.

My only big issue is the hand brake light remains illuminated after the handbrake is reliased. The brake level sensor is working as it should, as well as the handbrake (or footbrake on this case) work. Maybe you know some good resources to figure out what other issue could cause it. 

Other then that the headlight adjusent, cd changer, central locking and a few small bits are broken! But I can figure those out with time! 

The handbrake light turned out to be 4 out of the 5 brake lights (the centre one) being blown. It now works at it should. Now that light is out the cruise control works too.

Now onto the bad news, the paint is pretty bad, every time you get water on it more cames off:

sLoABHC.jpeg

I've decided to go full ricebox weeb spec on it. I've had some stickers lieing around and I think this is the most appropriate car to stick them on. 

foMNPPJ.jpeg

Just know it pained me to do this, I'm not really sure why I did. 

Not really sure how I'm going to build the courage to take it In for a mot now!

• Skcat changed the title to SKcats fleet. Full weeb spec on the GS300.

The Ralliart sticker is a tad controversial on a posh Toyota. It’s the equivalent of a TRD sticker on a Mitsubishi!

19 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

The Ralliart sticker is a tad controversial on a posh Toyota. It’s the equivalent of a TRD sticker on a Mitsubishi!

I was told by my freind, I'm wondering if I will be told by anyone else on the street.