Woop-woop! That's the sound of da police!

trigger

I don't know about you but i do enjoy seeing old photos of police cars, Especially when they are at work.

Well i came across a site earlier which a few of you may already know about but it thought I'd copy some of the photos to here to share, feel free to add any others!

http://www.policecaruk.com/index.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Date of Liability 01 12 1985Date of First Registration 22 06 1973Year of Manufacture Not AvailableCylinder Capacity (cc) 1600CCCO2 Emissions Not AvailableFuel Type PetrolExport Marker Not ApplicableVehicle Status UnlicensedVehicle Colour BLUEVehicle Type Approval This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration CertificateVehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £104.5012 Months Rate £190.00Not a bad innings for the ex police Mexico.

Posted Image

Model: Talbot Sunbeam Lotus

Year: 1979

Force: Greater Manchester Police

History: GMP were the only force to use the Sunbeam Lotus and utilised it on the 'TASS Unit' (Traffic Area Support Services) to combat vehicle crime 8)8)8)

The Mk1 Granada estate must of struggled to top 100mph with that roof sign and all the equipment on board.

Of you any idea what you are talking about?
Probably not as I've been drinking. :lol::lol::lol: The MK1 Granada was never a fast car.
They weren't that bad,I'm sure I got 100 mph out of my hearse :lol:

Traffic Cop Action Road Wars Police Stop NOW!!!

Strangely compulsive viewing. I hate it but always end up watching it. Must be a very bad influence on society as it gives the impression that...(i) all police officers are shit-thick meat-heated thugs who smash you in the face with a baton first, ask questions later*(ii) The criminal justice system in this country is a joke as they are often picking up "repeat offenders" within days or Jamie Theakston does a serious voice-over telling us the bloke who caused £100k of damage driving like an utter c*ntstain on a rampage got a £60 fine and 3 points on his licence*** Probably true** Definately true

Traffic Cop Action Road Wars Police Stop NOW!!!

Strangely compulsive viewing. I hate it but always end up watching it.
I love it and always end up watching it, there is definitely something wrong with a criminal justice system where repeat offenders getting nothing more than a gentle slap for their actions and a fine and told to be on their way. It shows on these programmes when there are spates of thefts and the police officers tell the programme makers that it must be J.Bloggs, since he was let out of prison a week ago and then suprise suprise it is him and he gets locked up again for a month comes out and does it all again, these w@nkers shouldn't be so willing to go to prison they should shudder when they here the mention of the place.But yes they are indeed compulsive viewing!m0rris

Posted Image

The Senator is still with us!! On a sorn.. In a plod museum maybe?

Bet whoever owns it would love a copy of that pic

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for E190 FUT are:

Date of Liability 01 09 2010

Date of First Registration 16 12 1987

Year of Manufacture 1987

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2968CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status SORN Not Due

Vehicle Colour WHITE

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £104.50

12 Months Rate £190.00

When I was still a kid living in Leeds, back in the early '70s, there was a dual carriageway at the back of the house, and I can recall the police used Sunbeam Tigers- you could always hear them before you saw them- lovely noise! Anyone find any pics of them? Mind you, I seem to recall they were unmarked white, so guess there would be no particularly distinctive pics.