My shite new books - "SUPER - old, odd, interesting, obscure and abandoned filling stations". - NOW WITH FREE STUFF

motorpunk

I have no idea how or why Amazon does that. 

Anyway, today I hit “publish” on the South East of England edition. Which means it should be visible for sale on Amazon in 72 hours time, or less. It’s a whopper, 124 pages. I am very, very pleased with it. There’s a Maxi on the cover. It looks great.

I also have the text for the Wales edition back from the proofreader, so that’ll be assembled with pics in the next few days and also published.

No reviews so far, which is a bit weird. I really hope people are enjoying these books!

BF0B5A56-609A-42D3-97AB-BDED83E711B8.jpeg

11 hours ago, motorpunk said:

There’s a Maxi on the cover. It looks great.

Not only a Maxi but a limeflower Maxi!  I'd love them all (the books that is, not Maxis - well actually yes, Maxis as well) but not sure finances stretch that far.  I'll definitely buy at least one, the only problem is deciding which...

Thanks, yup. 

Midlands and North edition here. 120 locations.

South East England edition here. 120 locations

I have just hit publish on Wales, 70 locations. It'll show on Amazon within 72 hours. 

I have South West England ready for the proof-reader, and Scotland, too. They'll each have c.70 locations in. 

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

Why is there no 'look inside' facility on the SE one when there is on the Midland and NE edition?

Dunno. I saw that, too. I think the Amazon machine will do that automatically in due course. I’m happy to post up stuff here if you’re curious about something specific? 

For reasons I can’t quite fathom, no-one has yet bought the Wales edition. 

South West got as far as proofreading then I added another 20+ locations so it might not go to print for at least another week.

I’m being interviewed by BBC radio about it next week. I’m rather excited!

10 hours ago, motorpunk said:

South West got as far as proofreading then I added another 20+ locations so it might not go to print for at least another week.

You probably already know but I'm guessing it's a population/nostalgia ratio thing. I bought the Midlands edition mainly because I knew I would recognize a few of the locations. As it turned out I recognize many more than I thought!

I'll definitely be buying the South West edition, having lived in Cornwall in the past.

10 hours ago, motorpunk said:

I bought the Wales one!

1 hour ago, motorpunk said:

Where do we stand on anecdotes about truckers pubic hair?

Can't help there, but I was on a rugby tour a few years ago and went for a shit at a service station. Was longer than I thought, because as I rocked out of the place the coach had gone. Team captain phoned me asking where I was, said I was having a dump, the coach had left without me. Turned round, 20 minutes later I was back on the bus. Had to eat a pepperami that had spent time in between the arse cheeks of one of the players. 

I didn't play for them after that. I didn't die either. 

I have just purchased a Wales edition as a Christmas present for my brother. It's a shame you didn't do it a few years ago as you could have had the village garage built by my father and uncles. (It was finally knocked down about five years ago) As it was built just post-war materials were hard to come by so they made all the concrete blocks by hand, labour was provided by German ex-prisoners of war. (One of whom visited my brother a couple of years ago) My brother sold it when he built his new workshop and the site is now home to a tyre fitting establishment.