A car known to the collective returns. Yes, it’s another Citroen

Stinkwheel

Well, as I’ve had a bit more time in my hands recently through splitting up with the ex. I though I had better re-introduce myself to the forum and to actually working on my cars rather than being too busy/poor with real life, in fact, I’ve decided to make cars my real life again, we shall see how that goes.....

Anyway, to the car, back in April I visited the well renowned six-cylinder and his field of dreams where this happened

0e32028193f93765605d53fcaaa01ea1.jpg

That’s right, I actually collected the ex hairnet Visa that I had purchased 6 months earlier. Mr six cylinder was amazingly patient with me (thanks Chris)

So after some chatting and faffing about putting the wheels back on it etc it got loaded up....

e0217cccda6a42ace1c25f3d89662bc2.jpg

I whacked it into, my unit/workspace/junk pile and promptly mainly ignored it while I put the engine back together. (Thanks to everyone at the field of dreams who originally took it apart, I found that all the parts and pieces were actually there, always a relief. Then I had a panic that I’d put the thing together wrong, proceeded to convince myself I had and had a sulk for a while and ordered another full gasket set. Then I set to again, don’t think I had done it wrong actually, but here’s a few pics of the second time putting it together....

Hole where it should go,

3c30c13d25557ffab2e6cc9328af0221.jpg

07c8a520734b0e60bc85461c4707856a.jpg

cfa2068d6f3dec3a3a9122bca639e050.jpg

3ccd820be3d399adf13fb20dd1bed37a.jpg

And a funky dashboard shot, just because it’s so great.

1a3abe8e80b707f8834d9718238d4a42.jpg

And last but not least a shot of the back end, with a Citroen 2-cyl engine sitting behind it for added confusion purposes.

So yeah, that’s it for now, I’ll keep y’all posted as they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m impressed, having helped in the struggle to get the head off I had thought it looked deader than a dead thing.

I had expected it to be a worse job than it’s so far turned out to be (fingers, toes and eyes all firmly crossed) I’d like it to be running this side of Christmas ideally.

• 1 month later...

Update time. Long overdue as I had to stop working on the Visa to put a clutch into my daily over Christmas/new year. 
But now we have some progress. 

One suitcase engine longing to be returned from whence it came and then suddenly it was nestled back in the car for the first time since about 2016. 

4D342CE6-735D-4AF4-B07F-A2D32BB06EC0.jpeg

E0D24747-BB4B-4225-B357-7F3105B059B1.jpeg

Ok, mini-update/tantrum.

Today was going to be the day it ran again and it sort of was, but only if you count running as .... running badly for 20 second bursts. And flooding itself.
The timings out for a start, hardly surprising considering all the timing gear had been off and the fuel pump is ridiculously over zealous. So I set about adjusting the timing, then the only battery I had to hand decided to die, totally. So I packed up and came home. It’s been one of those days.

That's a great colour!

Cheers, it is rather good isn’t it. Though I suspect when i get round to sorting the front wings (which are a bit rusty, holes in the r/h side top edge) it will be a total mare to match a 39 year old metallic colour.

Ah I had wondered what happened to that little bastard!

I'm the one with the filthy shirt and receeding hairline above, getting the head off was a right shit.

As I recall we measured it of a fashion and reckoned the liners had sunk.

Anyway if you happen upon a big metal plate that says "visa" on it in black pen or indeed a Halfords torque wrench, I'd be most grateful to have either back!

55 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

Anyway if you happen upon a big metal plate that says "visa" on it in black pen or indeed a Halfords torque wrench, I'd be most grateful to have either back!

Clearing away at the FoD after we had finished I don't remember seeing either of those items.

I have had a look though the pictures and I am guessing the torque wrench was in this black case?

P1180598 crop.jpg