A car known to the collective returns. Yes, it’s another Citroen

Stinkwheel

I believe my LNA needs a new coupling disc that I have bought, without bolts. What I did not realise is they were difficult to fit!

I’m afraid so, if the original is still in place. You will have a struggle, getting the old one out - easiest I found was to undo and remove pinch bolts at rack and column end. Key in to remove steering lock, lift column at steering wheel as high as it would go, prize out assembly. Then grind off the rivet heads and then drill though the centre of the rivet to remove it from the brackets. Assembly is reversal of removal as they say in Haynes manuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stinkwheel said:

I’m afraid so, if the original is still in place. You will have a struggle, getting the old one out - easiest I found was to undo and remove pinch bolts at rack and column end. Key in to remove steering lock, lift column at steering wheel as high as it would go, prize out assembly. Then grind off the rivet heads and then drill though the centre of the rivet to remove it from the brackets. Assembly is reversal of removal as they say in Haynes manuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when can you do it!

I believe my LNA needs a new coupling disc that I have bought, without bolts. What I did not realise is they were difficult to fit!

Also Chris, I would recommend purchasing one with the correct fixings, they aren’t expensive and the fixings are just the right size to allow re assembly.

This is the one I used ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324035777565

10 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Also Chris, I would recommend purchasing one with the correct fixings, they aren’t expensive and the fixings are just the right size to allow re assembly.

This is the one I used ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324035777565

I have taken your advice and ordered a coupling complete with the correct length bolts.

This is what I had ready.

IMG_20200525_110343 broad.jpg

Here we go again with another instalment of working on the sodding never ending Visa, i only had a couple of hours free today so flushed the cooling system again (this time with proper Barr’s coolant flush, only 3.99 from your local motor factors folks) this stuff is ace, drain some coolant, run engine at various speeds until fans cut in, drain, flush with clean and bobs your uncle. And you know what, he was. (Actually Keith was my uncle but he’s no longer with us, so Bob will have to do) The water in it stayed properly clean for the first time so I drained it again and added proper coolant and everything.

I even changed the track rod end that was advised for at the last MOT - you know, the last MOT this had they put the wrong registration number on it. Interesting fact for anyone who was actually driving round in it at the time

I felt pleased so I reassembled most of the the front to give the thing a face again.

da583ff105a611668ac58d253d3e4656.jpg

Until next time. Stay safe out there people.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Ive been tinkering in and off. Most of which I didn’t take any pictures of, thing like..
Repairing the r/h door mirror and fitting the rare as hens teeth new mirror glass.
Finding out I hadn’t fitted the plastic radiator cowl when I found it in a pile of odds and ends, so stripping the front down again to put it in place.
And today, i welded one of the sills up quickly then ran out of time to
do the other, so that’s tomorrow’s job.

After cutting out the rot...5e357825a15477514c4f807c5621105e.jpg

The rot that was cut out...4a95246b39721d04249089b0e71f211a.jpg

And after welding and attacking with the flap disc...e1d8b5f9bc604523ce94a43b4a24d919.jpg

Once the other side is done, I think it’s MOT time.

• 1 year later...

On the subject of me not being very good at updating threads….

The Visa is U.K. registered and as a historic vehicle to boot, which is nice, I washed it today and drove it a good bit as well, I really like it, as in ‘really’ like it. But it’s got a slightly warped brake disc, so I need to source a pair of the slightly unobtainium 3 stud type very soon. Did I mention I like it? It somehow feels more french to drive than my Ami 8, not quite sure how, but I like it (did I say?)

I took these pictures earlier for your delectation ….

f4af305b106e79e97d8614a5615fabd9.jpg
2ec3bf1bfbfdd3ee519a1b838131f107.jpg
78bc44efff2f89e42bacc66e5c5c4597.jpg
219417b1ef8aa3b16daa3426c6cda40c.jpg

Hnnnnng
Just a shame that engine spoils it
Tu would be fun 
If I bought another it would be a diesel hi [mention=4787]Six-cylinder[/mention]chris

Believe you me, the engine doesn’t spoil it mate….. since the rebuild and the fixing of the carb (actually I changed it for another one) and the sorting of the broken carb Inlet gasket, it really does fly, needed a couple more degrees advance putting in than it was running before as well. This things sits at 130kph easily and gives you 45-50 mpg into the bargain

Although I agree about the diesel, I miss my old one, and that had done 250k miles, it was still brilliant