Roffle no longer required

DoctorRetro

Right, I've landed myslef in the proverbial, by bidding on something I really can't afford. 

So, let's do another multi-prize roffle eh? 

£6.50 tickets, 3 for £18

In the Red corner, we have the mighty rescued 1987 Mazda 323, complete with carb trouble and 11 months MOT. - NOW SOLD. 

In the Silver corner, we have the latest forum bike, the 1999 Nissan Almera 1.5, complete with scrapes and scratches and 4 months MOT 

And the newcomer, in the Gold corner is a lovely 1992 Rover 416 auto, with 6 months MOT. 

Any takers? 

IMG_20190713_100815.thumb.jpg.3668a222170adc0097251ce5391968ca.jpgIMG_20190706_150206.thumb.jpg.88faec002f44ef4e908b97a49344fa93.jpg

745382324_s-l400(1).jpg.ffe951cd4a09b76e57f72ea880188b4f.jpg

s-l400.jpg.8ec1b0cd9321791e30b612fe97a249a8.jpg

Just to clarify, the winner gets to choose the prize from the three above cars. 

1 minute ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Is that 323 driveable now? 

Yeah, just running rough and vacuum advance doesn't appear to be doing its thing. I'd not want to depend on it for any distance though 

59 minutes ago, BeEP said:

416 only MOT'd until January, not that it should affect the value much.  Unless seller is putting 12 months on before you collect it?

Oops, my bad. Amended

I really like that 323, it looks a very cheery little thing. If its effectively a non-runner though, trying to shift it 160 miles (with no current A-frame capability) is probably beyond my current available commitment levels

17 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I really like that 323, it looks a very cheery little thing. If its effectively a non-runner though, trying to shift it 160 miles (with no current A-frame capability) is probably beyond my current available commitment levels

Collect car, attempt heroic drive home, breakdown recovery if it shits itself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

...probably beyond my current available commitment levels

Isn't that the modus operandi on here? I never buy a car at an opportune moment - I try to ensure the drive is full, I have lots of other things going on in my life, and then bid on an unseen crock. 

For fun *. 

Amazing 

I'd like to be sure I haven't won the MGF before entering... will have a random if still some available after that draw

For the record, I'd have the Rover 

Just to add insult to injury, the landlord has pulled me up on the fact I'm using too many spaces. I only have 2 cars, so need to shift one fast! 

He's got a point, as we technically only have one allocated space per flat. 

On 7/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, Dan_ZTT said:

Amazing 

I'd like to be sure I haven't won the MGF before entering... will have a random if still some available after that draw

For the record, I'd have the Rover 

I’d also like to be sure...but where’s the fun in that?

I’ll take three randoms please :)

So that's 15 claimed out of 59.

Im not sure that's quite going to save the Rover situation. 

I'm also willing to take a hit on the Mazda to get it off my hands, so 250 quid takes it. ?

Not in a good place right now, but that's just my shit I have to deal with. 

16 minutes ago, BlankFrank said:

Whereabouts are you located? Considering the Mazda myself but wondering about the distance for the trip home.

Ss9 5nf 

Doctor, I'll have the Mazda on saturday for 250. Wingz has probably filled you in, or will do shortly. (essentially, i'm buying it via his delivery to me) :)