The "WTF is that?" thread

bunglebus

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Madman Of The People said:

Looks like a P1 variant but I don't see the lower portion of the grille, where it extends horizontally into the wings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyooOPuEXMEAe6tFOW_LP

Can anyone blow up the photo where we can see the reg number?  It looks like it says ERJ 560 or ERG 580.

It does look to be ERJ580, or perhaps ERJ560.  Unfortunately no trace of either on the DVLA, nor are there entries for 'ERG' variants of the same.  

52 minutes ago, artdjones said:

I stand corrected. I was thinking more of this styling gem.

1888298321_images(6).jpeg.7dcce094a0735ec6e6ea2af62c2b1fcf.jpeg

thats an AC Acedes Model 57, by the same people who did the AC Cobra!

which is pretty benign compared to an contemporary Invacar Mk12 (which is what I thought you might of been intending to refer to), or Tippen Delta but ill let you visit my thread for that and spare everyone else LOL

still none of those are as Gawky as Allard's own Allard Clipper :) 

l84obo2kmkdlb0fmds7q.jpg

would love to know what one is like to drive/looks like in motion :)

11 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

which is pretty benign compared to an contemporary Invacar Mk12 (which is what I thought you might of been intending to refer to), or Tippen Delta but ill let you visit my thread for that and spare everyone else LOL

l84obo2kmkdlb0fmds7q.jpg

would love to know what one is like to drive/looks like in mention :)

All I can say is that those people are easily pleased.

2 hours ago, artdjones said:

All I can say is that those people are easily pleased.

It's because a very young Mick Jagger is standing just out of the frame.  He happened across them just as the photo was being taken and shouted 'here, who fancies having a go at this swinging sixties business?'; the cameraman captured the exact moment they all decided to abandon fibreglass death traps  in favour of blues guitar and Afghanistan's finest.  Some of them went on to form quite well known beat combos such as Fairport Convention and Blodwyn Pig.  It's a little known but significant historical turning point.  

1 hour ago, Missy Charm said:

It's because a very young Mick Jagger is standing just out of the frame.  He happened across them just as the photo was being taken and shouted 'here, who fancies having a go at this swinging sixties business?'; the cameraman captured the exact moment they all decided to abandon fibreglass death traps  in favour of blues guitar and Afghanistan's finest.  Some of them went on to form quite well known beat combos such as Fairport Convention and Blodwyn Pig.  It's a little known but significant historical turning point.  

I think you would be a formidable poker opponent!

On 4/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, LightBulbFun said:

l84obo2kmkdlb0fmds7q.jpg

Designed by the same people who made this?  I see certain similarities in the roofline and the wheels.

102538_2.jpg

On 4/14/2022 at 6:30 PM, LightBulbFun said:

l84obo2kmkdlb0fmds7q.jpg

3269443473_5e0093d028_o.jpg