Datsuncog Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 All the Commers seem to be wearing the same paint job, and I can just about make out 'Allerdale District Council' on the side of the nearest - so it looks like a fleet disposal. I suppose Commers were often sold to fleet operators on their low low price, so possibly they were just driven into the ground and scrapped once the rust took hold - though apparently stripped for spares beforehand, with the doors, lights, windscreens and even seats apparently removed.
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 4 minutes ago, Datsuncog said: All the Commers seem to be wearing the same paint job, and I can just about make out 'Allerdale District Council' on the side of the nearest - so it looks like a fleet disposal The caption on the picture says the local council had just scrapped their Commer fleet. Guy is mostly a train spotter but has also taken some interesting car/industrial shots Quote Allerdale District Council had disposed of a small fleet of Commer vans sometime before I photographed this scrapyard adjacent to the railway at Workington on 14th October 1982 Datsuncog 1
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 Asimo, Datsuncog, JeeExEll and 9 others 12
chaseracer Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 These photos support my observation at the time that all the ADO16s and mk2 Cortinas seemed to disappear one afternoon in late 1982... tooSavvy, LightBulbFun and Kringle 2 1
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 1979 JeeExEll, Amishtat, Angrydicky and 2 others 5
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 Amishtat, Angrydicky, Split_Pin and 1 other 4
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 The good old days mountaineering up the pile to retrieve the bit you were after Split_Pin, The_Equalizer, Amishtat and 3 others 6
LightBulbFun Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 no surprise as to why I have this one in my archives! rob88h and D.E 2
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said: no surprise as to why I have this one in my archives! VW 411? Asimo 1
D.E Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 The local scrappie here is still of the old fashioned sort: huge field full of wrecks, bring your own tools, be careful not to step in glass or worse, etc. A selection of some of the photos I took on several occasions: Shite Ron, Fat_Pirate, uk_senator and 9 others 12
Rusty Pelican Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 On 8/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, Amishtat said: Somewhere in rural Dorset, 2003. Fairly certain i bought my Imp van from there - if its the one opposite a camp site
chaseracer Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 3 hours ago, bunglebus said: 1979 Peugeot 404, stage left. What's that chrome, right-of-centre next to the PC Cresta? I thought it was a DS, but there seem to be wheel arches.
eifion Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 2 minutes ago, chaseracer said: Peugeot 404, stage left. What's that chrome, right-of-centre next to the PC Cresta? I thought it was a DS, but there seem to be wheel arches. You could well be right. That's a very DS-looking rear bumper. Could the 'arch' be the back wheel? The rear wings come off easily enough. chaseracer 1
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 I've tried to clean the image up but still can't make it out very well
chaseracer Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 22 minutes ago, bunglebus said: I've tried to clean the image up but still can't make it out very well Thanks, BB - defo a DS... bunglebus 1
bunglebus Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 I was going to ask the same. Has a hint of fibreglass about it for some reason
adw1977 Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 Dutton Sierra? anonymous user and Shite Ron 2
skoda_fan Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 1 hour ago, adw1977 said: Dutton Sierra? Sure is. I used to dream about doing one as a way of transforming my rusty Escort. Couldn't afford the kit though. Note the Escort doors and screen.
Amishtat Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 12 hours ago, Rusty Pelican said: Fairly certain i bought my Imp van from there - if its the one opposite a camp site I can't remember what was opposite , but it was called Tyte's or Tate's.
junkyarddog Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 8 hours ago, skoda_fan said: Sure is. I used to dream about doing one as a way of transforming my rusty Escort. Couldn't afford the kit though. Note the Escort doors and screen. Not Escort. That one is Hillman hunter based. anonymous user, bunglebus and sheffcortinacentre 3
Rusty Pelican Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 11 hours ago, Amishtat said: I can't remember what was opposite , but it was called Tyte's or Tate's. Its Tites , run by Cyril Tites and his Son Geoff , Cyril died a few years back so its just Geoff and his kids now , its still going AFAIK . I bought this from there Split_Pin, Amishtat and Dick Cheeseburger 3
Rusty Pelican Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 Which eventually became this Amishtat, mitsisigma01, Dick Cheeseburger and 16 others 19
crapcarcollector Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 Wowzers. Great save. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro Rusty Pelican 1
D.E Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 21 hours ago, bezzabsa said: whats the yellowy thing ?? Ginetta GRS Tora, still on British plates iirc. bunglebus 1
chaseracer Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 There's a story there. Alfa 166 beside it too.
chaseracer Posted October 14, 2021 Posted October 14, 2021 Another mk2 bites the big one... https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/magazine/scrappage-scene/ Amishtat and Shite Ron 2
TataBobu Posted October 14, 2021 Posted October 14, 2021 On 10/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, bunglebus said: 1979 Was Fiat 850 sold over there?
Steviemillar Posted October 14, 2021 Posted October 14, 2021 4 minutes ago, puddlethumper said: What's that underneath ? Manta A sheffcortinacentre, puddlethumper and adw1977 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now