Roffles are a thing

New POD

Roffles seem popular with banger racers Is there legals to consider when running roffles ??Could rofflers get in trouble ?

Yes and no. Unless they are clearly making a profit, the HMRC and gaming commission will just not really care although theyll pretend.

On Facebook there's a company in Warrington who raffle off some seriously seriously nice 2T motorbikes. I think they have about 550 numbers (so must be very profitable for them) and they draw it live using a random computer programme.

I don't trust the Facebook ones though, so many scammers on that bloody market place, I've known people see pictures of their own stuff which was still in their possession advertised for sale by random people, it's ok for a £10 household item or an old tent or something though. On here its a community and people know each other and there is a car to be won at the end of it.

I can only think of one roffle on here which could plausibly have made a profit. Realistically they're a means of limiting loss.

I think car purchase cost to roffle gains I've made a profit a couple of times. If you include money spent on maintenance and repair in between, I'm not so sure I ever have.

It's definitely an unviable model for increasing the amount of money you have.