eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

700 is top dollar for it as it needs a fuckton spending on it to make it good. 
The MOTs being clean as they are is absurd. 

Worst thing is there's a couple up on facebook for over twice the price and thrice as fucked, the prices people put up for 4g/5g civics are getting absolutely stupid now.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Worst thing is there's a couple up on facebook for over twice the price and thrice as fucked, the prices people put up for 4g/5g civics are getting absolutely stupid now.

Oh yeah, they're 1500 all day now 😕
Shame as I wouldn't mind another. 5g/EGs are flat out delusuionally expensive, and 6gs are VTEC money for shagged 1.4is. 

8 hours ago, scdan4 said:

But although  Suzuki got 200mph first they didn’t get the fastest bike. Kawasaki was also desperate to win the 200 race. 

48DC9035-0012-4992-A887-758469E6169E.thumb.jpeg.359d7af89588cedc223806ee61e6e9d5.jpeg

and they did it, and if the road was long enough it was faster than the busa. Game on. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254796515724

Full power unmolested version looking like £1500. No one else is likely to bid in anger, experience tells me that they are hard to sell in the summer. Hop on and make over there over here

£1650 / 214mph = £13 per mph. 

950284F9-E101-4A7B-ADDE-9EAB2564AA30.jpeg

They never did 214mph, about 190 was the top end, whatever lies the speedo told, they were also crap compared to the 'busa, I had both and blasted across Europe several times on them and didn't really like either of them to be honest, although the Kawasaki was comfier, still they are very cheap these days.

33 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

They never did 214mph, about 190 was the top end, whatever lies the speedo told, they were also crap compared to the 'busa, I had both and blasted across Europe several times on them and didn't really like either of them to be honest, although the Kawasaki was comfier, still they are very cheap these days.

With an akpokavic and a set up with Tim blakemore and I’d respectfully disagree about which is quicker.  The 12r used to beat my mates busa on the way to, around and back from the ring.

oooooooo it’s like the early 2000s again. The journos never really sorted it out either. 😁😂

Big heavy buses all of them, I agree. 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:42 PM, wuvvum said:

I have to say that used to be my favourite model of Panhard, but after watching the idriveaclassic woman [attempt to] drive an early Dyna, I really fancy one of those now.  Even though I generally avoid anything with a crash 'box.

Honestly as I explained in the comments thread, even double declutching wasn't avoiding the dreaded the soft crunch. I've had to double declutch my knackered Morris Minor gearbox since 2015 so sadly well versed in the process.

Horrible box, lovely car. Completely ruined what I thought was a dream car. I've never been so disappointed. 

11 hours ago, Fumbler said:

I hated that grille when the other Rovers got it and this is a thousand times worse 

Who would do that and think, "nice, that was a big improvement!"? 

1 hour ago, Idriveaclassic said:

Honestly as I explained in the comments thread, even double declutching wasn't avoiding the dreaded the soft crunch. I've had to double declutch my knackered Morris Minor gearbox since 2015 so sadly well versed in the process.

Horrible box, lovely car. Completely ruined what I thought was a dream car. I've never been so disappointed. 

Previous owner Chris didn't have any problem

The only gearchange that's actually visible in your video you clearly make no attempt to double-declutch so you can't be surprised by all the comments pointing this out. The footage of you going through the gears with the engine off is painful to watch - sheer brute force trying to hammer the lever into position! Cars like this need a bit of delicacy and patience. The whole point of a Panhard is that you should be able to change gears with just the tips of your fingers and the lightest possible touch.

2 hours ago, barrett said:

The only gearchange that's actually visible in your video you clearly make no attempt to double-declutch so you can't be surprised by all the comments pointing this out. The footage of you going through the gears with the engine off is painful to watch - sheer brute force trying to hammer the lever into position! Cars like this need a bit of delicacy and patience. The whole point of a Panhard is that you should be able to change gears with just the tips of your fingers and the lightest possible touch.

Upon reflection I've deleted my comment because it could be read incorrectly - but feel free to contact me directly on what I said previously in my post I've taken down. I feel words on a page can come across incorrectly when you read them back. 

4 hours ago, Idriveaclassic said:

2 hours ago, barrett said:

21 minutes ago, Idriveaclassic said:

Upon reflection I've deleted my comment because it could be read incorrectly - but feel free to contact me directly on what I said previously in my post I've taken down. I feel words on a page can come across incorrectly when you read them back. 

I can still see them.:unsure:

Yet another public holiday today so went out for a ride, and found a garage selling shite that I could actually look at!

Had 4 UK plated 1980's Yank cars for sale between €8000 and €12000, but just looked like run of the mill sedans. Sorry, photos i took didn't come out.

Two Brit reg taxis, the R plate one €7000, the other €9000 (could easily go into the ebay Bargains thread)20201208_144645.thumb.jpg.fea7eb56f4197267a4a2475ca6c6e965.jpg20201208_144656.thumb.jpg.134ba88c5ee5f6376cc477ab3137601b.jpg

Nice little Fiat that didnt look full of wob up for €4500, but it does have a flat front tyre. No idea if that's a good price or not.20201208_144632.thumb.jpg.f9eee83badf0e1a3db5861ef416b5ed0.jpg

20201208_144616.thumb.jpg.bf0d13b793319d605536189f74852ad4.jpg

They had a few more 80's cars in the (locked up) showroom including a UK G plated Rolls. and a couple of Alfas. Will definitely be back here soon for a proper look round.

1 hour ago, Idriveaclassic said:

Upon reflection I've deleted my comment because it could be read incorrectly - but feel free to contact me directly on what I said previously in my post I've taken down. I feel words on a page can come across incorrectly when you read them

I think you did a braw job Steph.

You canne compare your situation were presumably you had minutes to get used to a unfamiliar box, against a video of someone who has owned the thing so knows its foibles and sweet spots.

If I was driving it, it would have ended up as a box of swarf!