Mrs cav wants a cabriolet

paulscavalier

Mrs cav wants a cabriolet, and she is quite taken with a Toyota celica she has seen. Does anyone know much about celicas? It is a 2.0 car 1995 but I know nothing about celicas at all and am hoping someone on here might.?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a convertible Celica from that generation over here.

I had a previous gen Celica GT (pop up lights) and it was very reliable with rust being the only real issue at this age, as was mentioned ofc.

Rust hmmmm I will have to look in detail at this one. It looks like a look underneath may be an idea. Thanks for the tips. I guessed the engines would probably be ok

Good choice! I think the Celica cabriolet of that era is a lovely looking car. I saw a red one the other day, though can't remember where...

From a friend's experience with his Celica GT4s over the years, they seem to be reliable in service, great to drive and easy to own. He was one of the founders of the Celica GT-Four Drivers Club and knows a lot about the Celicas in general, so I'd be happy to put you in touch if you'd like a chat about life with a Celica.

http://gt4dc.co.uk/

Thanks for that Mrs6c I will hopefully try and get a look at it on Saturday or Sunday and see what I think of it close up. If I do get it I may need some advice. I actually like kinkersaabs one as well I have never seen one in that shape before. I will mention the c70 t5 paulplom !

I have one but mine is a pop up light one... 2.0 16v auto...i bought it cheap not expecting much. I really enjoyed it and have kept it. :)

image.jpeg

When I had mine I dropped my dad off at the Suzuki dealers in it one afternoon (Jimny service) and one of the salesmen came out to ask about it.

His wife had a drop top in that colour that he drove in the day after to show me and compare notes.

Absolutely beautiful car imo.

I have a lovely c70 t-5 for sale, wink wink.

Is there a thread for this or another for sale post somewhere? I keep saying I want another C70, although I don't really have space for one at the moment

Surely a MK2 Cav Convertible is the order of the day? I've seen a couple pop up on the bay in the last year or so. Beginning to appreciate in value, so you might even make a profit on it if you eventually sell it.