Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

14 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Stepdaughter just been begging for no black box when she gets her first car, she was really pissed off when I said she might not have a choice 🤣

From our recent learner Insurance shenanigans, it seems a dash cam is now the monitoring choice. No1 son doesn't have a black box fitted.

1 hour ago, DVee8 said:

From our recent learner Insurance shenanigans, it seems a dash cam is now the monitoring choice. No1 son doesn't have a black box fitted.

Oh I didn't realise they now wanted dashcams, SD will be pleased*

*For pleased read pissed off even more as will mean she won't get away with showing off 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

The last couple of mornings Henry has taken a bit of cranking to get going first thing and there has been a cloud of white smoke on startup along with a slight smell of diesel, I'm thinking injectors but is there anything else it could be? Once he has ran and been switched off he starts fine. 

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

A bit of googling suggests it could be the injector seals, apparently they are prone to going on the 1.4 and 1.6tdci and the symptoms sound similar to mine. Anyone know how easy they are to change? 

Messy more than anything, I’d get some leak off connectors as they’ll possibly break taking them off, then you’ll have the job of digging them out. A disgusting messy job. 

I did mine recently on my C4GP 1.6..

When its warm can you hear a chuffing noise?

Not too bad a job but I didn't change all of them, the ones blowing were 1&3 (no 1 being far right looking at it)

Plenty of videos out there worth watching, top tip which wasn't in the videos was to use a short piece of dowel with a wood screw in the end to hook the old seal out with.

I bought a seal kit off ebay which included the leak off seals.

Screenshot_20210116-203628_eBay.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's not definite but there's a possibility of taking Henry on a road trip to Belgium towards the end of the year, as some will know from the Warshite thread I am one of the admins for a group that remembers WW1 soldiers and we might be going out there to go round some of the cemeteries and trenches. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just been touching in some of the worst of the stonechips on the front of Henry, I've never been good at using touch in paint really neatly but looks a little better than it did.  He may also appear in a YouTube video at some point this summer on @Skizzerof this parishes channel

• 3 weeks later...