Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

A few plans for trips in Eccles for this year, in May he will be going down to Oxfordshire as I was bought a tour of an aircraft hangar for my birthday, also at the end of May we have a week in Northumberland, at some point this year I want to get the train driving experience in Nottinghamshire I was bought done and in July I am hoping to get to Biggin Hill and Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome along with a couple of English Heritage sites. Finally I am hoping to finally get to the Severn Valley Railway this year. No doubt other trips will crop up as well. 

This suggests it's every 10 years or 125,000 miles interval on the cambelt. No harm in changing a bit earlier. Never done one of these but there are guides on youtube to get a feel for how much work.

https://www.grange.co.uk/technical-data/ford/focus/1.5-tdci-120-zetec-5dr-(2014-2017)

On 1/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, Mudster said:

This suggests it's every 10 years or 125,000 miles interval on the cambelt. No harm in changing a bit earlier. Never done one of these but there are guides on youtube to get a feel for how much work.

https://www.grange.co.uk/technical-data/ford/focus/1.5-tdci-120-zetec-5dr-(2014-2017)

Some sources say 112500 miles and some say 125k.  It will get done this year either way. 

On 1/9/2022 at 5:03 PM, Eyersey1234 said:

A few plans for trips in Eccles for this year, in May he will be going down to Oxfordshire as I was bought a tour of an aircraft hangar for my birthday, also at the end of May we have a week in Northumberland, at some point this year I want to get the train driving experience in Nottinghamshire I was bought done and in July I am hoping to get to Biggin Hill and Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome along with a couple of English Heritage sites. Finally I am hoping to finally get to the Severn Valley Railway this year. No doubt other trips will crop up as well. 

A couple of other trips I forgot to mention are a run down to Dunstable to get some photos and Oldham for the same reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been no updates lately as there has been nothing to report. Eccles had a trip out to Leeds on Thursday night as i was meeting up with sone friends from a railway forum I am on. He will click over 101k at some point next week. 

Stepdaughter's driving lessons seem to be going well, she has had 4 so far and I'm told the instructor wants to take her on the A63 next time. 

On 3/6/2022 at 9:21 AM, Eyersey1234 said:

Stepdaughter's driving lessons seem to be going well, she has had 4 so far and I'm told the instructor wants to take her on the A63 next time.

Have a look at Veygo or Marmalade, allows her to but top up PAYG insurance to drive other cars as a learner, did it with SmollFL and it worked great, about £7 for a couple of hours.

21 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

My Focus #1 has a bit of catching up to do, it's on just over 101000 miles but it's a 2006! 

Focus #2 is about to hit 140,000 miles and it's a 2008 (turned 14 years old (from registration) on 1st March, so a nice round average of 10k a year :))

Which engine/trim levels are your two? 

4 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Which engine/trim levels are your two? 

Focus #1 is a 2006 1.6 Ti-VCT 115bhp GHIA 

Focus #2 is a 2008 1.6 99bhp LX

Both petrol

Huge noticeable difference between the two in terms of trim level quality, I have a feeling Focus #2 will have to find a new home soon, partly because I have a fair bit of money into it now it needs a new PAS pump + high pressure lines, and have I no real need for 2 cars, and that would leave me a spare space for something fun :)

I do have a thread on them, not sure if you've seen it. I must get some photos of them 😁

5 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Focus #1 is a 2006 1.6 Ti-VCT 115bhp GHIA 

Focus #2 is a 2008 1.6 99bhp LX

Both petrol

Huge noticeable difference between the two in terms of trim level quality, I have a feeling Focus #2 will have to find a new home soon, partly because I have a fair bit of money into it now it needs a new PAS pump + high pressure lines, and have I no real need for 2 cars, and that would leave me a spare space for something fun :)

I do have a thread on them, not sure if you've seen it. I must get some photos of them 😁

Thanks I've just seen the thread now. They both look nice cars, I miss my old Mk2 which was a 1.8tdci Zetec Climate Estate 

Ah those photos on the thread are just generic similar ones from the internet. 

The red one's bodywork isn't in quite such good condition 😁 that doesn't really bother me though as I had only got it as a stopgap last summer, and it has done very well 

The blue one (Focus #1) is really nice, the first owner had it for about 11 years and really took great care of it (MOT and full service every year without fail) 

They're really good for what they are, however I have no doubt that there's quite some difference in comfort and refinement between the MK2 and your MK4!

They feel and drive like an old(ish) car (which is a good thing) yet benefit from all the modern car perks like easy parts availablity. Nice big boot space which was lost in cars unless you went for an SUV in the late 00's/early 10's

The seats in the LX are bloody horrible though, they stain easily and lack support. The velour seats in the GHIA are lovely!

The 1.8 TDCi  in your old one is a pretty primitive engine, based on the Endura from the 80s so there must have been a big change in feel between them for you! 

You noted above that someone took yours on after you got rid, wonder if it's still going now?

7 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Mine's a Mk3.5 not a Mk4 but yes there is a big change in refinement between my old 07 reg and this one. Henry seems to still be around, he was taxed the last time I looked. 

Edit just ran the reg through DVLA and still shows up as taxed

My bad, I thought the 2015 facelift was called the MK4, rather than a revamped MK3 and as such called the MK3.5. I then subsequently thought the actual MK4 Focus was called the MK5. Nevermind! :)

Ford do like being confusing with their MK designations, i.e the MK4/MK5 Fiesta

and the MK7 Fiesta as we know it being called the MK6 in other countries. 

It makes cross-referencing parts incredibly confusing sometimes 😁

I wonder if they did Henry's clutch? Must have done to still be using it I guess, depending on how bad it was

9 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

My bad, I thought the 2015 facelift was called the MK4, rather than a revamped MK3 and as such called the MK3.5. I then subsequently thought the actual MK4 Focus was called the MK5. Nevermind! :)

Ford do like being confusing with their MK designations, i.e the MK4/MK5 Fiesta

and the MK7 Fiesta as we know it being called the MK6 in other countries. 

It makes cross-referencing parts incredibly confusing sometimes 😁

I wonder if they did Henry's clutch? Must have done to still be using it I guess, depending on how bad it was

Dont worry. Yeah it can be confusing, i think depends how much retooling they had to do at a facelift whether it became the next mark up or just a Mk whatever.5.

Also sometimes the facelift of a car looks better than the original to me, I do prefer the looks of the Mk3.5 to the Mk3, but sometimes a facelift can look fugly. 

Regarding Henry, i had also wondered if they have done the clutch, it still worked but was on the way out and based on the clutch in the 2nd red Fiesta packing up without ever slipping I was on edge with it 

22 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Dont worry. Yeah it can be confusing, i think depends how much retooling they had to do at a facelift whether it became the next mark up or just a Mk whatever.5.

Also sometimes the facelift of a car looks better than the original to me, I do prefer the looks of the Mk3.5 to the Mk3, but sometimes a facelift can look fugly. 

Regarding Henry, i had also wondered if they have done the clutch, it still worked but was on the way out and based on the clutch in the 2nd red Fiesta packing up without ever slipping I was on edge with it 

I think so too regarding Facelifts, in most cases. The Audi C5-C6 changes looked horrible. The C5 had that iconic Audi styling which was lost with the C6

I suppose if someone did the clutch themselves it's not so bad, cheap reliable motoring for £100 and a day's work at most. (Unless the DMF turned out to be cooked, then add another £200!) 

7 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I think so too regarding Facelifts, in most cases. The Audi C5-C6 changes looked horrible. The C5 had that iconic Audi styling which was lost with the C6

I suppose if someone did the clutch themselves it's not so bad, cheap reliable motoring for £100 and a day's work at most. (Unless the DMF turned out to be cooked, then add another £200!) 

The facelift of the Mk6 Fiesta wasn't too bad, the difference really was just the lights changed, the front grille changed shape a bit and the front indicators were put into the headlights.