Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

18 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

It was on Gumtree as an MOT failure some time back. I may have a screenshot of the ad which I think I took at the time, when I was a forum lurker and noticed it was your old one!

When I saw she had failed I suspected she would go for scrap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Anyone know how best to reattach a rubber seal to a door? The lower seal on the n/s/r door is coming away.

On the door seals I have removed they have been attached with something black that is reminiscent of silicone but can be wrong. But think that glue is not the best as removing the door seal later can possibly tear off some of the paint if they are glued on.

I need to reattach one of the door seals on my partners 2016 Focus. Apparently there's a wire inside the seal that is under tension and that's why they always seem to come loose. Some people snip the cable before resticking the seal back down. Most people seem to recommend really strong double sided tape.

I see so many newer Focuses with this issue... Even seen them sitting on the main dealer forecourt with the seals hanging off 😳

Any strong, rubber safe adhesive will do just fine. Evostik springs to mind. 

Alternatively, just really strong and tacky double sided tape. 

In fact I'd recommend double sided carpet tape.. The 3M stuff is ridiculously sticky! With patience, it's removable in future if you ever needed to and shouldn't rip the paint off.