LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

5 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Invaboate 

Plans to export the amphibious Model 70 to Venice were aborted when the Venetian Institute For Canal Safety conducted test and discovered that they were prone to capsizing and speeds below 4 knots and offered poor crash protection against gondolas. 

I'm getting thoughts of a lightweight boat trailer sort of idea,with the Invacar rear wheels over the trailer axle.Perhsps come in at under 750kg,so no need for brakes.

37 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

<PEDANT ALERT>

He's having to use a proper greased up skid pan because there's no way an auto TX2 would drift in the dry when fitted with the factory spec Dunlops. I am impressed the the wheel trims didn't fall off though. Even on a skid pan to provoke that level of lean and slide the driver will have had to lock it down into first and done a Scandi flick to provoke that amount of lean and slide.

An unladen manual Nissan powered TX running on budget bespoke hackney tyres WILL drift and slide easily on a wet road. As a bonus, it's also super easy to keep drifting as the steering rack is super quick. The main handling issue with an unladen TX, either auto or manual, is that they're a nightmare to drive in the snow. 

@LightBulbFun I really am imploring you to pull out the stops and do all you can to find an insurance company that will cover you on a TX. You'll not just be buying a vehicle, but also somewhere to safely leave an electric wheelchair. Your quality of life will improve more than you could possibly imagine and maintenance will be cheaper than running a ten year old Focus as there's an entire infrastructure in your city based around keeping the TX on the road.

I could have a Nissan powered TX parked outside your house for £1000 by Friday night.

An interesting aside. When I drove the TX into Central London last year I phoned TFL in their Glasgow call centre (yes really!) to ask if I had to pay the Congestion Charge and if as an out of town cab I could use the bus lanes. The lady said yes. I asked her is there was a nationwide hackney database and she replied no, they just look at the picture and it's obvious that a TX is a licenced hackney!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

<PEDANT ALERT>

He's having to use a proper greased up skid pan because there's no way an auto TX2 would drift in the dry when fitted with the factory spec Dunlops. I am impressed the the wheel trims didn't fall off though. Even on a skid pan to provoke that level of lean and slide the driver will have had to lock it down into first and done a Scandi flick to provoke that amount of lean and slide.

An unladen manual Nissan powered TX running on budget bespoke hackney tyres WILL drift and slide easily on a wet road. As a bonus, it's also super easy to keep drifting as the steering rack is super quick. The main handling issue with an unladen TX, either auto or manual, is that they're a nightmare to drive in the snow. 

@LightBulbFun I really am imploring you to pull out the stops and do all you can to find an insurance company that will cover you on a TX. You'll not just be buying a vehicle, but also somewhere to safely leave an electric wheelchair. Your quality of life will improve more than you could possibly imagine and maintenance will be cheaper than running a ten year old Focus as there's an entire infrastructure in your city based around keeping the TX on the road.

I could have a Nissan powered TX parked outside your house for £1000 by Friday night.

@LightBulbFun

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/taxi-insurance-social/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, warren t claim said:

<PEDANT ALERT>

Don't suppose you know if towbars are available? Wouldn't mind one myself but am a bit concerned on the mpg side and needs to be able to tow. 

2 minutes ago, bub2006 said:

Don't suppose you know if towbars are available? Wouldn't mind one myself but am a bit concerned on the mpg side and needs to be able to tow. 

Yes they are. One lad uses his TX to tow his daughter's horse box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Yes they are. One lad uses his TX to tow his daughter's horse box.

Is that what she calls it?

• Haha 3

On 28/09/2024 at 21:39, LightBulbFun said:

this is exactly one of the things that saddens me about all this, there used to be a time when I would talk to a fellow Invacar enthusiast or new owner, or just someone who I recognise as being Autoshite "oh you daily drive an Austin Montego? I know the forum for you" and I would be like "now I have got you up to speed how about check my thread for more info and where I keep a running blog of my research and findings"

but all this crap is not exactly good first impressions is it...

Well said Dez, also replying to @AdgeCutler earlier, it's to the point now, when I say anything, either defending myself, or you, or calling someone out who IS IMHO bullying, or just treating someone like crap, for which the admin DO NOTHING, I get slagged off, abused, called this, that, the other, sworn at.....purely because I will not tolerate insults......

Now remind me why I don't update about the Invacar progress?  I'm too busy trying to cover my arse because of all the dickheads out there... Just waiting for the next lot of smart arse comments now!I

It's not worth the hassle...

Just now, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

the admin DO NOTHING

Brilliant, isn’t it?

And, in fairness, I did warn you. 

15 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Well said Dez, also replying to @AdgeCutler earlier, it's to the point now, when I say anything, either defending myself, or you, or calling someone out who IS IMHO bullying, or just treating someone like crap, for which the admin DO NOTHING, I get slagged off, abused, called this, that, the other, sworn at.....purely because I will not tolerate insults......

Now remind me why I don't update about the Invacar progress?  I'm too busy trying to cover my arse because of all the dickheads out there... Just waiting for the next lot of smart arse comments now!I

Something, something stones and glass houses.

13 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Wait?  You’re still here.

If you want help from the admins, it’s not a great look to insult them in the same thread where you are requesting assistance.

Stop hitting yourself, etc.

34 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Brilliant, isn’t it?

35 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Brilliant, isn’t it?

Well if they want to be admins, they should do their jobs

26 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Wait?  You’re still here.

If you want help from the admins, it’s not a great look to insult them in the same thread where you are requesting assistance.

Stop hitting yourself, etc.

Bang on cue, smart arse comment......See my previous reply, you don't do your job you get called out

40 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Why not tell us how you're getting on with your Invacar? I ,for one,would be genuinely interested to hear about it,and I'm sure others would as well.

Just now, Christine said:

At Fod do you all sit round a camp fire and sing ?  Here's one for Dez  

Fun fact when I was at my sisters wedding (dressed in my finest @dollywobbler TWC shirt of course) my now Brother in Law who is a musician got out an instrument or 2 and asked for recommendations of songs like that to sing round the evening fire, and me being me, I suggested 3 wheels on my wagon, and he snapped back "not that one!" :mrgreen:

16 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

They are, and they’re doing it brilliantly. My thanks to them.

4 hours ago, warren t claim said:

3 hours ago, warren t claim said:

yeah I have tried them many times! even most recently when renewing REV's insurance, and I had spotted this with a long MOT for £800

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296695894274

LP60CBU

image.png.361b462d1ec6dc4bd37052254d723314.png

but despite being 25 now and having had my licence for 3 years+ there where no underwriters willing 

admittedly  I have not tried any of the other insurance companies I tried last year, since I just want to focus on REV for the time being since I know she is round the corner, almost literally speaking now :) 

20 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Bang on cue, smart arse comment......See my previous reply, you don't do your job you get called out

Give it up, cupcake.

1 hour ago, bub2006 said:

not legally on a TX Black cab sadly, as they are not type approved for it, anything from 1998 onwards needs to be type approved for it

so maybe if you found a really early TX1 from 1997 you could put a Tow bar on it? but otherwise your limited to FX4's (which I personally dont see as a bad thing :) I would love an FX4 myself, but I dont think im really in the position for one right now, espically once my ULEZ exemption runs out in 2027, unless I can find a roadworthy 1987 FX4 with the wheelchair option they offered at the time, but I dont think those grow on trees!)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

yeah I have tried them many times! even most recently when renewing REV's insurance, and I had spotted this with a long MOT for £800

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296695894274

LP60CBU

image.png.361b462d1ec6dc4bd37052254d723314.png

but there where no underwriters willing 

and I have not tried any of the other insurance companies I tried last year, since I just want to focus on REV for the time being since I know she is round the corner, almost literally speaking now :) 

You're older now. Try again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

not legally on a TX Black cab sadly, as they are not type approved for it, anything from 1998 onwards needs to be type approved for it

so maybe if you found a really early TX1 from 1997 you could put a Tow bar on it? but otherwise your limited to FX4's (which I personally dont see as a bad thing :) I would love an FX4 myself, but I dont think im really in the position for one right now, espically once my ULEZ exemption runs out in 2027, unless I can find a roadworthy 1987 FX4 with the wheelchair option they offered at the time, but I dont think those grow on trees!)

Where did you gather this info from?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

You're older now. Try again.

im still the same age I was when I called 2 weeks ago, I dont think @JJ0063 would be very happy with me calling back so soon! :) "Hello Darling its me again!" *Click! Brrrr* 

28 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

We are. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Once more with feeling - I genuinely don't think there's any piss taking here.  Jeez, @Talbotis clearly trying to help by asking about weights and measures.  Others have made suggestions about how to ease the burden. 

Overreacting is, and I understand this, a mechanism for trying to make people feel uncomfortable and be quiet, but I only see helpful contributions here.  

Perhaps one of us can help get it from the Field to London for Dez? Or at least get Dez to the Field to drive it home?

ok you literally had a DVLA screen shot of the word "INVACARE" as your signature for a while, im sorry I cant see how thats not taking the piss....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2