LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

My tuppennys worth.

All the best dez, regardless of what happens. You have a dream,you follow it through. Saabnut is doing a good job with the repairs and repatriation of rev back to you.

Also to the guy who seems to have a raging hard on at starting wars with everyone. Please,for fucks sake calm down and take a fucking breather. Have a beer,pop some pills or whatever you like to do in your downtime and chill the fuck out. I'd recommend you use the forum search tool to look back on what tragedies have happened here in the past,it may help you a little. There's enough information above to search for relevant points. 

Peace and love to all 😘

9 minutes ago, reb said:

Yes, Black is my name. Amazing.

Do you think that implying someone is an alcoholic multiple times is a kind thing to do?

Hold up! You've told me to 'fuck off' multiple times and you came on here yesterday saying you were pissed, so I sent you a link to AA.  You give it out, expect it back, don't play the victim now!  People who.live in glass houses shouldn't chuck bricks at the windows!  You made your bed.    I'm being assertive here, not abusive!

1 minute ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Hold up! You've told me to 'fuck off' multiple times and you came on here yesterday saying you were pissed, so I sent you a link to AA.  You give it out, expect it back, don't play the victim now!  People who.live in glass houses shouldn't chuck bricks at the windows!  You made your bed.    I'm being assertive here, not abusive!

There is a hell of a divide between "pissed on a friday evening" and "needs a support group", to suggest otherwise is to minimise the struggle of people with a genuine problem.

If you knew more about the history of this place you would perhaps understand why I and others are wary of people who turn up and start throwing fists around.

1 minute ago, reb said:

There is a hell of a divide between "pissed on a friday evening" and "needs a support group", to suggest otherwise is to minimise the struggle of people with a genuine problem.

If you knew more about the history of this place you would perhaps understand why I and others are wary of people who turn up and start throwing fists around

Before you start on me again, think about this, no one joining the forum, particularly a large one like this is going to read all 416 pages.... Plus we are not mind readers,  to suggest anything else is ridiculous.  I stand by what I say however, if any person verbally or physically attacks me, I will stand up for myself,  I don't throw the first verbal or physical punch, that is never up for negotiation, that is NOT, 'throwing' my fists around', however it is hitting back once attacked, I'm not a hard man, far from it, but I do defend myself.

Please understand this...If you require any sort of help, whatever that may be, please seek it, and I genuinely wish you well.

38 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Why are you so keen to organise my life? You asked a week ago, and I told you it would be 2 or 3 weeks. That may change depending on when my neighbours funeral is, but that is nothing to do with you.

It is also nothing to do with you regarding insurance, but for information Dez has kept it taxed and insured throughout and when in my care it is also covered on my trade policy.

So, now it is your turn to contribute something positive to this forum for a change. What interesting car do you have? If non, what are you planning on getting? If not what do you dream of getting. What are you doing to make those dreams a reality.

Come on. Hurry up. We are waiting on you.

See? It is not nice is it?

I'm confused? What's your life got to do with this? I was talking to the owner of the vehicle.  But I am seeing a lot of excuses from you and not much progression, Covid,  Funerals, etc. If I was to hazard a guess, is next weeks excuse going to be  Monkey Pox? It's causing me an awful lot of work at the minute. 

It is very good to hear the owner has insurance as I thought he might struggle to insure it given his location.  It does seems to a bit of a waste to have had it insured for 4+ years for a single trip to the chippy, but I suppose there's a fair bit of NCB accumulated now. I wonder what the premium is and what the T&Cs are, but you will no doubt retort on behalf of the owner that 'it's none of my business' and you know what? You're right. Except this is an open discussion forum. Debate being the lifeblood of a forum, etc. So maybe you're not that right in taking offence on behalf of others who are quite capable of posting length replies in their own right. I'm guessing it's a £250 premium with 4k miles PA. I can't think it'll be garaged overnight. 

So, my life in motor cars; here goes. I sold the Micra two weeks ago to the bloke I sold the Mercedes to. I got Hastings Direct to suspend my policy for a week pending something to replace it. I did the change to a 1990 216GSi yesterday, cover starting next Sat as the owner of that is struggling to get an MOT on it. It's in Sheffield or I'd have done it today myself, but I'm not one to take the piss and drive hundreds of miles for a pre-booked MOT. If the 216 falls through, I've got first refusal on a Rover 25 1.4 in the Midlands. Thats been given a shake down tomorrow regards condition. In the meantime, I use my Shogun. Or my Disco. Both of which are in this forum.  I work a shit load of hours so that does get in the way of collecting and repairing cars sadly. Work has been giving me a Mercedes B-klasse thingy. No idea, not interested. But it is diesel so I've got a decent range. 7 seats, 2 of which are notional. It chugs long alright but in no way feels like a Merc.

Satisfied now? 

Given you now look to take offence at my posts on this thread, I therefore look forward, with ill concealed glee to next weeks excuse why the Invacare still isn't being delivered and/or driven on the road. Nobody this thread will break the 500 page marker by then. However, all joking/cynicism aside (delete as to your outlook to life) I'd genuinely like to hear tales of it actually being driven on the road mind you. If you'd care to wade through the excessive numbers of posts on this thread you will see I've never discouraged the owner from actually getting out and driving the thing. I do however find it curious the lack of pace concerning getting it out and on the road from an enthusiast. But then I am an inpatient soul as my team often finds to their cost. 

13 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Thank you. I was getting rather annoyed at the direction this thread has gone of late and had just typed a long reply. It is pointless, those who are causing the problems will continue. The sound people will not get involved and will stay quiet. Just a shame that Dez' thread has been hijacked for personal squabbles.

This. I still reckon Dez should get the thread locked in the meantime until he's got the motor on the road. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Before you start on me again, think about this, no one joining the forum, particularly a large one like this is going to read all 416 pages.... Plus we are not mind readers,  to suggest anything else is ridiculous.  I stand by what I say however, if any person verbally or physically attacks me, I will stand up for myself,  I don't throw the first verbal or physical punch, that is never up for negotiation, that is NOT, 'throwing' my fists around', however it is hitting back once attacked, I'm not a hard man, far from it, but I do defend myself.

Please understand this...If you require any sort of help, whatever that may be, please seek it, and I genuinely wish you well.

You would do well to listen to what people are telling you about the history.

The help I am seeking is for you to stop acting like this forum exists to support this one thread.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

I appreciate your answer, I do, but why do you have to use it as a way to have a poke at Dez and what he wants to do?

Honestly, just taking a step back, this guy is really intelligent,he's fully compus mentus, he would be doing nothing illegal, and although I don't have the pleasure of living in (central) London from what I can imagine, the road speeds would be under 20mph due to restrictions and congestion..... suitable for an invacar..... A city car,  I know there is far far more traffic now but the Invacar is only doing what it would do when current...... But yes there are risks, there are risks with everything, you could get out of bed and break your leg of stay in bed and get a DVT....sometimes you just have to do it!

No one as you say, wants anything to happen to Dez but the way some of it has been gone about and about his and other invacars, it is a free country after all is shameful.

I, and many others aren't taking a poke at Dez for shits and giggles, it's because we honestly believe in our heart os hearts that he'll be way out of his depth.

Dez is young and in the opinion of most on here, too inexperienced to cope with the dangers and inevitable breakdowns that go with the territory of driving a Model 70 in London traffic.

Just because someone is intelligent it doesn't mean that they sren't capable of making really bad decisions. There's a well known case in point that everyone here on AS knows about. It involved me when I was 18. I had just got a decent inheritance and told my family that I was off to buy a car. They were expecting me to come home in something like a Golf GTi but I had other ideas. When I got home they asked me what car I'd bought. I told them that I'd just put down a £500 deposit on a 15 year old Lambo Espada. My family went fucking ballistic saying that even if I didn't kill myself in it I'd never be able to maintain it and cope with it breaking down every week. I threw a teenage hissy fit worthy of a six year old that's lived his entire life on a diet of chicken nuggets and blue fizzy pop. In my head I was totally in the right. It was my money. I could afford the car. I had a full licence and refused to see sense. Eventually through family threats and bribery I agreed to lose the deposit on the Espada and buy something more sensible. In real life I was so pissed off I went and bought land and a house that I made and lost a fortune on due to the Warren T Claim Benevolent Society For Clever And Attractive Women.

Anyway. The sad reality is that if I had have bought the Espada I really would've been well out of my depth and my family were right. I, and many others on here, see @LightBulbFun having his very own "Espada" moment on here.

1 minute ago, reb said:

You would do well to listen to what people are telling you about the history.

The help I am seeking is for you to stop acting like this forum exists to support this one thread.

And you Sir do not listen,  I no longer really care anymore, from what I've seen and read, with the exception of a few good guys out there, toxicity reigns supreme here, bring on the laughable ban, no loss............ Let the turds float in their own shite...........

• Haha 2

And you Sir do not listen,  I no longer really care anymore, from what I've seen and read, with the exception of a few good guys out there, toxicity reigns supreme here, bring on the laughable ban, no loss............ Let the turds float in their own shite...........

If it's so toxic, why are you still here?

Is it because you're a troll? That's the only reasonable answer. 

Sounds pretty toxic to me.

4 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

I, and many others aren't taking a poke at Dez for shits and giggles, it's because we honestly believe in our heart os hearts that he'll be way out of his depth.

Dez is young and in the opinion of most on here, too inexperienced to cope with the dangers and inevitable breakdowns that go with the territory of driving a Model 70 in London traffic.

Just because someone is intelligent it doesn't mean that they sren't capable of making really bad decisions. There's a well known case in point that everyone here on AS knows about. It involved me when I was 18. I had just got a decent inheritance and told my family that I was off to buy a car. They were expecting me to come home in something like a Golf GTi but I had other ideas. When I got home they asked me what car I'd bought. I told them that I'd just put down a £500 deposit on a 15 year old Lambo Espada. My family went fucking ballistic saying that even if I didn't kill myself in it I'd never be able to maintain it and cope with it breaking down every week. I threw a teenage hissy fit worthy of a six year old that's lived his entire life on a diet of chicken nuggets and blue fizzy pop. In my head I was totally in the right. It was my money. I could afford the car. I had a full licence and refused to see sense. Eventually through family threats and bribery I agreed to lose the deposit on the Espada and buy something more sensible. In real life I was so pissed off I went and bought land and a house that I made and lost a fortune on due to the Warren T Claim Benevolent Society For Clever And Attractive Women.

Anyway. The sad reality is that if I had have bought the Espada I really would've been well out of my depth and my family were right. I, and many others on here, see @LightBulbFun having his very own "Espada" moment on here.

I see where you're coming from especially with 'Espadagate' but it is (relatively) a lower powered machine, and as I mentioned elsewhere, with some upgrades such as electronic ignition, a servo etc it should be ok for shorter journeys around london, obviously, as with any car, comp. Insurance and full breakdown cover and recovery.

14 minutes ago, R Lutz said:

I did the change to a 1990 216GSi yesterday, cover starting next Sat as the owner of that is struggling to get an MOT on it. It's in Sheffield or I'd have done it today myself, but I'm not one to take the piss and drive hundreds of miles for a pre-booked MOT.

Sheffield. One of Mary Mastro's trade-ins?

2 minutes ago, reb said:

I'm still here because I actually own an Invacar I'm restoring (do you?) and Dez is kindly helping me getting it registered, got it!

I'm still here because I actually own an Invacar I'm restoring (do you?) and Dez is kindly helping me getting it registered, got it!

4 minutes ago, reb said:

and to quote yourself, If you knew the history of the forum, you'd know why I'm here!

2 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Mine was an E type convertible when I got my first decent paying job, in the Civil Service.

Fortunately my dad talked me out of it, and the Elan +2S 130/5 that was my second choice, and I ended up with a 18 month old MGB roadster that I still have.

• Agree 1

Just now, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

I do not own an Invacar, no. This would be a valid argument if it was a forum for Invacars, but the fact is that it's not.

I have been here for nearly a decade now. You may think that doesn't matter, but it means I've seen people like you turn up before.

If you are truly here for good reasons, stop antagonising the regulars.

I see where you're coming from especially with 'Espadagate' but it is (relatively) a lower powered machine, and as I mentioned elsewhere, with some upgrades such as electronic ignition, a servo etc it should be ok for shorter journeys around london, obviously, as with any car, comp. Insurance and full breakdown cover and recovery.

The difference is that if an 18 year old @warren t claim had a serious accident driving an Espada the chances of it being my fault would be about 95%. Dez is basically a sitting duck to one of many dickhead SUV drivers that litter our capital city.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, reb said:

I do not own an Invacar, no. This would be a valid argument if it was a forum for Invacars, but the fact is that it's not.

I have been here for nearly a decade now. You may think that doesn't matter, but it means I've seen people like you turn up before.

If you are truly here for good reasons, stop antagonising the regulars.

Read the title! What does it say?

Been here ten years?  Congratulations, have a coconut!

Stop antagonising? That's rich coming from you and a host of the others!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, R Lutz said:

I'm confused? What's your life got to do with this? I was talking to the owner of the vehicle.  But I am seeing a lot of excuses from you and not much progression, Covid,  Funerals, etc. If I was to hazard a guess, is next weeks excuse going to be  Monkey Pox? It's causing me an awful lot of work at the minute. 

Thank you for the updare on your motors, I look forward to the regular updates.

Last week you asked when the Invacar would return, I answered. This week you ask again. Excuses? Yes. In the last 3 weeks, I hosted an AS member for a few days to save him a considerable hotel bill. He had COVID when he arrived which of course I got.  Last week I hosted another AS member who was going through a marital break up along with other shite. He stayed with me for 8 days whilst he sorted himself out. The sudden death of my neighbour was surprisingly out of my control, and out of respect, I WILL attend his funeral.  I collected the car from Worcester at my expense. I will be returning it at my expense.

Perhaps you would like to consider doing something for someone other than yourself? Here is an idea. Hire a van. Drive to the North East of Scotland. Book a hotel. Collect the Invacar. Drive down to London. Deliver the Invacar back to Dez.  You seem to be of the opinion  it should be back soon, so rather than nagging maybe do it yourself?

I keep getting sucked into replying, which I shouldn't but please show a bit of respect and don't suggest that I am using the death of a good friend as an excuse.

8 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

How's that getting along btw? I have a feeling this thread might benefit from some actual, fresh Invacar content...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Stop antagonising? That's rich coming from you and a host of the others!

The difference is that we actually contribute as well as antagonising eachother.

4 minutes ago, chadders said:

Mine was an E type convertible when I got my first decent paying job, in the Civil Service.

Fortunately my dad talked me out of it, and the Elan +2S 130/5 that was my second choice, and I ended up with a 18 month old MGB roadster that I still have.

I come from a car family and lost my argument for Espada ownership during the following verbal intercourse.

Family."What the fuck gave you the idea to buy an old Lambo? In your entire life you have never once had a Lambo or a Ferrari as your dream car?"

W.T.C. "Well I went to the dealer to buy an Aston DBS6 Vantage but he'd sold that earlier that day. And as you know that shape Aston is my favourite car".

Family. "So you put down a deposit on a car that you not only can't afford to run but also you don't even like just for the sake of not walking away empty handed?"

W.T.C. "Errrrr..... Well it's MY money!"

12 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Perhaps you would like to consider doing something for someone other than yourself? Here is an idea. Hire a van. Drive to the North East of Scotland. Book a hotel. Collect the Invacar. Drive down to London. Deliver the Invacar back to Dez.  You seem to be of the opinion  it should be back soon, so rather than nagging maybe do it yourself?

I’m fairly sure a couple of people did offer. In fairness.

2 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I'm a big fan of joining the RAC and engineering a fault. Get recovered home for free.

Just now, BorniteIdentity said:

Actually, no. A few people offered to do part of the journey but the logistics were getting out of hand. At over 1000 miles round trip, it takes a considerable input, and part of the delay has been trying to tie in a collection of my own from Sheffield. The biggest hold up, not that it matters, is my having to attend the Oncology clinic every week which restricts movements but hopefully that will change soon.

1 minute ago, warren t claim said:

I'm a big fan of joining the RAC and engineering a fault. Get recovered home for free.

The problem then is getting back home :-) 

56 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Troll/sock/fuck off sunshine. 

You're either completely without any self awareness or you are and know exactly what you're doing.  Exactly the sort of people that have changed the forum, and not for the better.