VW PASSAT 1.9TDi

Jim Bell

Keep it, as others have said a water ingress issue is small beer really in the great scheme of things compared with electrical gremlins/rust/OMGHGF etc.

If it make you feel any better the Volvo 940 I bought a couple of months back had what I'd diagnosed as a slightly wet passenger footwell when I got it. Once it was back at Cassa Eunos I found things were far worse than I'd anticipated...

41778596042_7097f99b3a_b.jpg

Pretty much had to strip all the carpets and seats to dry the lot out properly and get to stage zero. Bugger.

40964206705_2486e47c7c_b.jpg

All is fine now with the car. The moral of the story is don't let a bit wata put you off.

Soldier on, keep the car, sort out the leak out and I shall reward you by donating a free MANN air filter I have left over from my Passat Highline  ;)

Yes I enjoyed those posts greatly and was cheering you on all the way. Much like the Great North Run, I have admiration for people that do stuff like this, but id probably die of a heart attack attempting it myself.

Added a tag.

In short:

Well cared for millenium Dub estate.

1.9tdi 110hp unmolested AFN lump.

Coming up on 115k.

Cam belt and water pump recent enough.

Lots of service history present but not a trillion percent comprehensive.

Pas

EW

Cl

Abs

Computer ma bob.

WITHOUT SUNROOF.

WITHOUT CRUISE.

Two keys.

New enough Goodyear tyres all round.

Good straight, honest and tidy car.

Points on the neg:

Could do with the passenger wing mirror repaired or replaced. Glass loose.

Could do with air con vent pipe thing unbunging if you want the air con to function correctly (blows cold).

Located as ever, North East england, NE34.

Near everywhere if you dont mind driving but Im unlikely to be at the end of your street.

I would like this, but I have a Citroen, and you don't want a Citroen, so therefore, I may not have it.

Unless some other bonkers plan pops up.

I missed it the last time round by about 30mins!!

Fraid not at the mo fella. I have an urge for something from the orient built near the end of the last century.

Mk1 Yariseseseseses are great workhorses. We've got a 1.3 version which is surprisingly quick, seemingly indestructible and very practical. The rear seat folds to give a completely flat load area than can hold £18 worth of scrap steel at a pinch.

Or 3 lawnmowers, stacked dangerously.

there is decent legroom available too, though not when in van mode.

Mk1 Yariseseseseses are great workhorses. We've got a 1.3 version which is surprisingly quick, seemingly indestructible and very practical. The rear seat folds to give a completely flat load area than can hold £18 worth of scrap steel at a pinch.

Or 3 lawnmowers, stacked dangerously.

there is decent legroom available too, though not when in van mode.

Yeah, Ive had a load of 1.0s and a D4d. Yet to try a good 1.3 or 1.5 but theyre on my list. I reckon the bigger engines will fare a bit better at motorway speeds but on the whole, they are tremendous appliances.

Can you wait til payday? K thx m8

If you actually would like to buy it: Yes.

If youre just commenting because its definitely hillarious and do not intend to buy: Probably notski.

Feel free to bang me a PM if youre genuinely interested, have checked insurance, realise how far away it is and have cleared it with the other half (if applicable).

I want this soooo badly, unfortunately despite doing 'man maths' since lunch time I simply cannot find a way to make it work :( Far too many cars at the minute, there's just no room left at the inn.

Not particularly helpful I know but I'm sure this won't last long, absolute steal at that price.

If you actually would like to buy it: Yes.

If youre just commenting because its definitely hillarious and do not intend to buy: Probably notski.

Feel free to bang me a PM if youre genuinely interested, have checked insurance, realise how far away it is and have cleared it with the other half (if applicable).

Monsignor Peel is a serial VAG purchaser of much reliance. He's also daft enough to go far distances for chod:)

Very oddly for something Ive purchased, the missus loves it.

She wouldnt believe how old it is and has asked to borrow it to take all her stock to this years Yarndale .

How's Madame Bell gonna get to Yarndale in September now, hey?

Or is that where a Mk1 Yaris steps in?