Vauxhall Astra Mk2 Merit Estate.

pandamonium

Im going to book the trend with this but i would love to fit a let engine and lower it a touch some decent stoppers!

Sacrilege!  Absolutely not.  No, no, no.

No.

This car is so ugly that it's beautiful again.  In the blue I remember a lot of these being when I was a kid.  It's wonderfully hideous and so it should remain!

Im going to book the trend with this but i would love to fit a let engine and lower it a touch some decent stoppers!

Why follow the crowd? That's what every other 80s Astra/Cavalier will end up with. That is following the trend. Why not just bloody drive it when it's running well?

Has t'log book turned up yet?

DVLA seem to have their heads up their arses atm (is it because 18 plates were out in March?). I've had the Prelude for 3 weeks now and there's no sign of the V5 yet.

Astra is looking good, I can just about remember these and the Bedford vans being everywhere. I don't feel that grille looks quite right without BEDFORD going across it in that wonderful '80s font.

DVLA seem to have their heads up their arses atm (is it because 18 plates were out in March?). I've had the Prelude for 3 weeks now and there's no sign of the V5 yet.

Astra is looking good, I can just about remember these and the Bedford vans being everywhere. I don't feel that grille looks quite right without BEDFORD going across it in that wonderful '80s font.

I did a v5 online on the 28th March. The new v5 came on the 3rd April. I guess if you did it by hand then it might be in a big pile at the DVLA waiting to be processed. If you did it online, it should really be back by now.

Well, put it all back together . ... And it started!

Ran well, until it came off auto-choke. Then it cut out. Would restart fine, but not idle. If i manually reactivated the choke, it would run again, until you blip the throttle and then it drops the choke off and cuts out. 

Back to the drawing board.