Council.. Bastids..

uk_senator

Well, I`ve done what I can, still didnt manage to track down the owner.

Both front tyres punctured & rears not much better (they are perished, but could have been deliberate), so just given it a rinse over & sign put on as best as I could (with my number offering help if they are struggling to deal with it). We`ll see what happens...

Hopefully the councils dropped it.

I especially like the way it's been attached with far too much bright red insulation tape , couldn't look more fuck you if you'd stuck it on spelling fuck you

Good effort Mr Senator, though I’m still concerned for this car......

People in the know are telling me the council is going to leave it be now, but the amount of attention its had in the last 48 hours is worrying in a way, as not so kosher folks may now have their eyes on it..

I`d really like to speak to the owner to advise him, & help if he needs it.

That said, now its been washed & has a bloody great note on it should deter them..

Only thing is, it then opens up a whole new set of potential legal issues.. 

What legal issues?  It's not on private land so not covered by the clamping ban, and as long as you don't damage it you can't get done for criminal damage.  You're not moving the car so you're not TWOCing.  I'm running out of possible offences they could do you for here.  Although admittedly it's 20 years since I did any criminal law so I might be missing something blindingly obvious.

What legal issues?  It's not on private land so not covered by the clamping ban, and as long as you don't damage it you can't get done for criminal damage.  You're not moving the car so you're not TWOCing.  I'm running out of possible offences they could do you for here.  Although admittedly it's 20 years since I did any criminal law so I might be missing something blindingly obvious.

So you cant see any potential legal implications when clamping a complete strangers car?

I suppose in this day and age they might try to sue you for something or other, however good your intentions were..

I hurt my neck when I bent down to look at the clamp

The owner may be dead for all we know, tax renews automatically if paid by direct debit unless you tell them otherwise though that's definitely more patina than the amount of time it's been standing after the MOT , now it's not under council threat it's just another car parked in the street