Multinational People Movers feat Decker Dave and the Jolly Green Giants

cms206

Just discovered and read through this thread

SO AWESOME! (That Pez shot is something ill tell yah)

Tri-axle double deckers have always held a bit of a fascination to me as a bus enthusiast, as we (in London anyhow) never got them in revenue service, (id love to get a Trident ALX500 and paint it in London stagecoach colours and fit it with a London Blind box, blinded for the Local 26/48/55 bus routes  :mrgreen: )

so it was really cool to read a nice juicy thread about them :) its a shame they are being withdrawn from service, also cool to see someone here runs their own? bus company :)

the lightbulb enthusiast part of me is wondering, what Tubes do the interior light fixtures take? im guessing from what iv seen from other buses from this time that they take 2ft 20W T12s, which leads to my next question how has sourcing T12 tubes been for these? since T8 tubes will struggle to strike up on inverter gear (also would love to see what tubes are fitted incase any are of a rare brand/vintage :)

Bloody hell that is tidy.

That's got to be the cleanest engine bay I've ever seen in a bus that's not just left the factory...

Bloody bargain at two grand for someone who's got a job lined up for it

The sad thing is that so many working vehicles at this end of the market get run into the ground, when this looks to have been well looked after.

Bloody hell that is tidy.

That's got to be the cleanest engine bay I've ever seen in a bus that's not just left the factory...

Bloody bargain at two grand for someone who's got a job lined up for it

The sad thing is that so many working vehicles at this end of the market get run into the ground, when this looks to have been well looked after.

Sounds like its structural condition is due to being obsessively maintained in Hong Kong, so it owes its survival to its early career and reasonably sympathetic new owners in Britain.

Anyone who ends up buying it (not me) might want to consider putting it back in its original Hong Kong livery, complete with Chinese adverts and destination blinds.

Sounds like its structural condition is due to being obsessively maintained in Hong Kong, so it owes its survival to its early career and reasonably sympathetic new owners in Britain.

Anyone who ends up buying it (not me) might want to consider putting it back in its original Hong Kong livery, complete with Chinese adverts and destination blinds.

Great idea, Drive it though Dundee and get all the old dears asking "You the 17 to Whitfield son?"

jaysis

if they all feart at the same time.....................

My biggest worry was "what happens if the driver has to stop in a hurry?" Especially given the brakes on the bloody things were almost entirely binary. With 120 (officially...) on board, you're packed in like sardines along the whole aisle. You'd end up with half the passengers mashed into strawberry jam against the front bulkhead in an emergency stop...astonishingly I never heard of a serious incident involving them that couldn't have happened with any bus.

Shame about the brakes as they didn't actually drive badly aside from that (reliability nonwithstanding). The brake pedal however drove me spare. Press on the brake, nothing. Press harder, nothing. Stand on the bloody thing, nothing. Press 0.000001% harder, bounce forehead off windscreen. Remove a fraction of that pressure and the thing would take off again as the gearbox drag was extremely aggressive. Driving the thing around the damn depot without serious kangarooing was a real challenge. One of the very few vehicles I've just never been able to get the measure of because of that.

Love the statement that it is "too small".

What the hell are you replacing it with??

The contract started at 70 kids. Then 90.

We bought these three thinking we could do a bit of private hire with a Volvo-powered 100 seater and use the Gardner-powered 119-seater as the spare bus.

90 became 100.

100 became 119.

119 is now 128; the local authority work on the basis that the average number of kids travelling is around 110... 100 is too small.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk