Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I've often seen listings on eBay where kids' faces have been pixelled out, and I always ask myself "why?". If you're that worried about not posting your kid's picture on the internet (after all, eBay motors is a well-known haven for internet paedophiles :roll: ), why not just take a photograph of your car without your kid standing beside it? Simples.
Maybe his kid is so horrifically disfigured it would put off any potential buyer.

I've often seen listings on eBay where kids' faces have been pixelled out, and I always ask myself "why?". If you're that worried about not posting your kid's picture on the internet (after all, eBay motors is a well-known haven for internet paedophiles :roll: ), why not just take a photograph of your car without your kid standing beside it? Simples.
They are the latest shades.

They are the latest shades.
I give up! :cry:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-AUSTIN-AMBAS ... 0407530167

This looks nice, I wish I had an A-frame. And some money.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIMOG-6x4_W0QQitemZ180434066187

I like the skimpy cabs on these old Unimogs.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-ISUZU-GREEN_ ... 0407915079

this vehicle is a special one it has been owned by lotus and total upgrade by them when new. only had two owners from new and it is a collectors item as well as a vehicle that can be used in daily use.

I think they just lashed some Lotus stickers on it at the Isuzu factory.

I think they just lashed some Lotus stickers on it at the Isuzu factory.

I've seen a Bighorn Lotus before, I think they have "handling by Lotus" like a load of other stuff does nowadays.

Posted Image

1982 Volvo 264 GLE Automatic

Link might not work, if not go to "Classic Cars" and dig it out. Interesting website, sells salvage cars. This one is Cat C on account of it having a whack in the back! Looks like all you need to do is replace one bit of chrome trim and take it for the VIC, got to be more than that surely.

WTF :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Why would anyone take a Capri and bugger it up like that :?:?:?

Ya beat me to it, exactly what I though....
Am I the only one thinking that if you just removed the rear spoiler, the front fogs, raised the suspension back up to spec height, and put spec tyres on it this would be a pretty tasty Capri? I quite like the painted bumpers and the twin tone paint finish looks vg.

Mark.

Capris should never be blinged up IMO. They look OK as they are, but any 'mods' inevitably make them look like theyve come straight off a 1980s council estate, that one is no exception. I can imagine some feller masking that up on the road outside the front of his house and doing a bit of bodywork on it with rattle cans, while some kids play football nearby and a bin lorry reverses up the close. He's got a few cans of CarPlan paint, and one or two rolls of vinyl pinstripes to stick on before it gets dark. I imagine he's probably gonna hang a pair of brake lights in the rear window next weekend too.

I think that with the exceptions of properly done X-packs and the Mk1 'Cologne', no Capri has ever been improved with a bodykit.Can't stand the things. Didn't like 'em in the '80's, don't like 'em now. Same goes for Cortinas and Granadas, they always look awful with bodykits. I removed the genuine factory "RS" kit (mega-rare) from my Mk2 2.8 injection Granada.

For some reason I can't load the descriptions off eBay at the moment so if the description states that the pictures are from before it was set on fire, apologies. Loads of good stuff on though!

Posted Image

1985 Fiat Strada Abarth 130TC

Nice!

Posted Image

1987 Rover 2600 Vanden Plas Automatic

Bit scabby in places, £475 BIN though!

Posted Image

1988 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 GLi

Bet this is a right piece, 1.8 injection! I'd like a nice MK2 Cavalier.

Posted Image

1986 Citroen Visa 10E

The "E" is for Electron - it's like a normal Visa, but no one accepts it.

Posted Image

1982 Ford Cortina 1.6

Basic 2-door. Could you get a non-basic 2-door? They always seem really low spec.

Posted Image

1977 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 L

Deliciously down-at-heel Cavalier, just needs a coathanger aerial and an empty packet of "Drum" on the dashboard.

Fun would be the last thing I'd be having in that Cavalier. I reckon it would be the ideal car for the second best sales rep of a mid-size company which deals in something really specific and fairly dull - temporary outdoor lighting for construction sites, fixed office shelving, industrial laminators, something along those lines. The car was quickly selected from a list of possible models, but with the "any" box ticked for paintwork colour.Ergo, if I had that I'd be too busy flooring it down the motorway with a jacket on the rear hook, briefcase in the front passenger footwell and a stack of brochures in the boot to worry about it being lively. The engine wouldn't have much chance to do anything other than sit there doing 5000rpm in top all day and I'd be worrying about winning back the number one spot from a (really punchable) cocky little graduate with a shiny suit and an Opel Manta GT/E he paid extra to have, even though in three years it won't even be his. Hate him already, which isn't bad considering I've just made all of this up.

^^ LOLZIronically your not far wrong, one of my best mates in schools old man had a Cav 1.8 GLi, in grey, he was a leading (notice 'a' not 'the') sales rep for a chemical company, his speciality? The chemicals they put in washing powder to give that slightly blue tinge to your whites.

Grey Cavalier and strange washing powder chemicals, what a quality combination.I wonder if it could be the basis of an unpopular sitcom which gets a single series and no DVD release.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-HONDA-ACCORD ... 0273015123

This is a bit of an oddity, I think it has a longitudinal in-line 5 - shame they were never sold here officially, it looks smart.

I bought a car from these guys last year - the owner has an immaculate Sierra Cosworth in the showroom...apparently the only previous owner was the Met Police who bought 5 as unmarked pursuit cars.

"Hello We are looking for offers in excess of £450 for the buggy"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

gasp

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Pukes

This looks ace for 325 (clazzified ad):

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MORRIS-1800-SALOON-1969-SOLD-FOR-SPARES-REPAIR-RUNNER_W0QQitemZ180434689035

Just brings home what lousy VALU mine has been I must have spent about £700 on min and its not as nice as this one! Never mind eh I still love it.

This is a dolly 1850 auto, they have a super-high and super-rare 3.27:1 diff ratio that during my youth I always dreamed of fitting in a Marina 1300 (probably would not have been able to maintain 70mph with it in tho)

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-DOLOMITE-SPARES-REPAIRS-PROJECT-RUNNING-AUTO_W0QQitemZ260509262975

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOLSELEY-18-85-LANDCRAB-1971-RACING-GREEN-CLASSIC-CAR_W0QQitemZ110459548963

1250 BIN! BONE-CRUSHING VALU

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1979-AUSTIN-MORRIS-MAXI-1750-AUTO-BROWN_W0QQitemZ260508769627

This down-at-heel looking Maxi Auto would be ace for a trip round the Nurburgring.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-TOYOTA-CELICA-ST-COUPE-BLACK_W0QQitemZ140360593608

Ace!!!!