Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Oh! But I was there yesterday pm, MOT'ing one of my bikes- didnt see it. Going thru -to storage later today -keep my eyes peeled!

Well I drove through the village last night at about half 7 in the dark but I didn't see it. It was parked outside the small parade of shops just before the Holly tree pub. It was dark green & F reg as they always seem to be. It may possibly be seen sometimes parked up in that other bigger village beginning with B that always has cars for sale parked parallel with the railway line just before/after the station depending on which direction you're coming from. Infact, yes I definitely saw it in that place the other week, I passed it in my car & it was travelling the opposite direction. I had to assume it was the same one.

Posted Image

Interesting device, basically a rebadged Iveco? Castrol stickers seem to be mandatory on surviving examples.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1969-mazda-1200- ... dZViewItemlooks sweet. What was the nearest to this in the UK?OK, here's a conundrum. Some time ago, there was a post with scans of 1980's autotrader ads and we thought we had found a Tredia disguised as a Colt in the description. Here we have a saloon version of the Colt that is not a Tredia. Maybe it was one of these instead - very surprising if so, as I am sure we did not get these in UK. Here's one in Ozhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-Colt- ... dZViewItem

WTF is all the semi-legal mumbojumbo at the bottom.. :shock:

It roughly translates as, "SH*T I forgot to specify a reserve on this auction, no way am I letting it go for half a bag of sand so I'll just confuse the f*ck out of anybody daft enough to have a bid"

Its like he writes loads of sentences, then splices them together in the most random way possible :lol: Jibberjibber...Rollsbucket....Rahhh....aviation....Blunderbus......lebaron.....dribble....pennyfarthing.....mantelpiece....withstanding....metalification...chunterdribble...fart

At the shite end of SD1s, maybe even a bit more shite than a 2400SD Turbo...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-ROVER-2000-B ... 0171591252

Posted Image

An SD1 with no throaty engine noise.....what's the point? :shock:

Mind you, noticed how all BMWs barring except the old 316s and 318s all have a throaty sound, even bog standard 2.0 litres?

The only other sub 2.0 litre cars to sound strangely throaty were the Suzuki Alto / Swift! Don't ask me why, but they did.

Posted Image

Interesting device, basically a rebadged Iveco? Castrol stickers seem to be mandatory on surviving examples.

I so love these vans - where have they all gone - even the Iveco ones are never seen! Were Magirus Deutz available to buy everywhere like the Ivecos, or did they sell mainly to municipal companies?

I think the MD badge is one of my favourites, it reminds me of Thunderbird 3 or the Eiffel Tower!

Mind you, noticed how all BMWs barring except the old 316s and 318s all have a throaty sound, even bog standard 2.0 litres?

The only other sub 2.0 litre cars to sound strangely throaty were the Suzuki Alto / Swift! Don't ask me why, but they did.

That's cos all the other BMW engines are 6 cylinder, and the alto asnd swift would have been 2 or 3 cyl, hence the difference in sound to the usual 4 pot :D

At the shite end of SD1s, maybe even a bit more shite than a 2400SD Turbo...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-ROVER-2000-B ... 0171591252

Posted Image

What is the point? eh. I don't know Reg, but I do know that the SD1 in 2000 povvo spec is the one for me :)

That example just looks a lot cleaner and less fussy than a V8 8)

Just have to watch the oil starvation though, or was that only in the 2.6 :?:

That's cos all the other BMW engines are 6 cylinder, and the alto and swift would have been 2 or 3 cyl, hence the difference in sound to the usual 4 pot :D
So BMW & Suzuki are the only manufacturers to use such engines? If so, why so? Do they believe them more advanced? Why don't others use them?