Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyCat

Ebay tat

Good grief. That Datsun is virtually identical to my old (t)rusty steed - mine attracted mice too. Mice urine is an odour that is virtually impossible to get rid of.

I've a spare late 33 Sportwagon thats probably off to the fragger soon -if you want it Mr B?Nice runner- chuffing exhaust, dent in every panel but solid. never going to do it -cheaper to scrap than advertise for all the idiots out there

Yo NB, I hate to see useful stuff get baled, but TBH i'm trying to cut down on rescues! having said that an injection engine and PAS set-up would be nice to add to my spares pile, whats it like mechanically? Any pics?

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Granada-Auto-1982-W-Reg_W0QQitemZ190218925324

Looks nice, probably going to end up on the track of course. The guy does not tolerate timewasters, even adds a checklist so you can find out if you are one:

a tyre kicker is someone who

• Does not show up

• Does not bring money

• Kicks the tyres and complains about even the most minor faults

• Seems to know barely anything about the car

• Offers stupid money (a large amount either side of what you expected)

• Keeps asking if he can part exchange his rusty old car for your car, not wondering why anyone wouldn't want it

• Assumes the car is in fine working condition just by kicking the tyres

• Asks questions repeatedly, specifically ones mentioned in adevertising the car

• Gets the manufacturers' name wrong

• Asks if you are willing to transport the car without charge.

• Makes a bid for a car placed on ebay or similar without any positive feedback

• Dresses up as, or asserts that they are a priest or mulla in an attempt to pay less for the car

• Is a young driver who just passed his test looking to buy a cheap old car, spoiler it up, and show off to thier friends. Quite likely to wreck it in a month.

Pretty accurate! :lol:

Pfft, I dress up as a mullah all the time for car-buying purposes. Works a treat.

He's got this down as a 'classic', which is questionable, I still would be happy to tank around in it tho... bet my mates would come up with some very orignal jokes on the back of it too.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLASSIC-1988-BEDFORD-CHAIRMAN-DISABLED-WAGON_W0QQitemZ320245327811

CUM ON THEN WILF_BO11OX I WILL RACE U:

Posted Image

I note that some of these come equipped with airbag suspension. Surely that would provoke some sort of OMG! AIRBAGZ! type hysteria on the 'other' forum?

Argg! Why so far away? :x

Posted Image

That's only 10 miles away from me!

I don't think I'd get away with THREE bits of shite in a week, specially when mrs carlo wants a new kitchen.