Cook Pass Babtridge

ProgRocker

Guest CalamityJames

Amazingly, I made a backup of my reply from the other week, so here it is:

This was myself and a few of my friends, thanks for the spot!

We do an Alan Partridge pilgrimage every few years to the Norfolk area and as luck would have it a cheap Rover 800 appeared on ebay 2 days before the tour started, so I threw a bid on and won it for the princely sum of £200, although it did require an emergency half day at work and a 4 hour trip up to Macclesfield to pick it up.

With 2 days before the trip, we didn't have time to do much more than gaffer tape Cook Pass Babtridge on (as I didn't want to drive around in obscene publication!).

Although, while on the subject of correct Partridge cars, he's got the saloon in I'm Alan Partridge, however he does drive an 820 Fastback in Knowing Me Knowing Yule, although for the show it's been rebadged (you fool) to a Vitesse.

A bit of poetic license here and there ;)

Although I've decided to keep the Rover as it's only done 83k and being an auto is actually a really nice cruiser for my journey to work!

Here we are, re-creating the cover stance of Bouncing Back outside the church he was christened in, wearing Alan Partridge blazer badges:

aptour2017.jpg

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, jonathan_dyane said:

Did you know Bono has the biggest collection of hatchbacks in the country?

Speaking of Bono, Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn’t it? You wake up in the morning, you’ve got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you’ve got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you just think ‘Sunday, bloody Sunday!

Not my words Jonathan, the words of Top Gear magazine.