oh dear! : -o (

Faker

No it's not one year old. But was solid enough to pass not last year!

looks like it's shat itself after eating an Aldi sized pack of twiglets.
  • Like 3

Its a Ford, my Puma went from good to grotty in 4 months.

That doesn't look like a Ford, at a guess I'd say an early K11 Micra. Mrs Smellypoo had a facelift one that was getting a little crusty in the same place, not sure if it's a common thing on those as the rest of the car appeared sound...

• Like 1

Micra.

I had one do exactly the same. Sills both sides, front crossmember and summit else. All in a year.

I assumed mine had been parked in the sea a bit at one point, but maybe it's a feature.

That is a couple of years worth of work by the rust moths at least. Perhaps it only broke the paint recently? Or no one was looking very hard at the last mots.

Micra and apparently they are famous for it. It's 1997 and 70k. First ever welding last year. So lasts perfectly well for 15 or 16 years and then self destructs apparently!

My sis Ex saved an 1100 (... err 45 yr ago) by welding Dexion frame into the sill/floor flange.

God, I'm suddenly feeling old....

TS

• Like 3

Blimey, Triumph levels of rot there...

In happier news the roof must be really sound, what with it holding the car together and all.

Sills by rear wheel is a rot spot. This has probably sealed the fate of many of these cars rather than any major problem.

This wee thing is mint everywhere else.

Just popped it on treegum...

Nothing ventured etc etc...

I doubt it'll sell. Might put sills on it. Seem pretty cheap.

I found a single winter destroyed my mr2's sills and arches, the road grit just eats steel.

Did you know, weight for weight, steel corrosion/rust process in water release more heat than magnesium reaction in water? The process is slower though ...

Ah ballix. There's definitely been a drop off in the numbers of these on the roads lately. Mystery solved.

Look on the bright side. Vacant spot on the drive.

Not good. How can this happen in one year??

Its a Ford, my Puma went from good to grotty in 4 months.

Serves me right for posting in the sunshine, looked like a fiesta at first glance.

Or no one was looking very hard at the last mots.

Highly unlikely. They are fierce over here. "Sorry, there's a big hole, so it's failed," after putting said big hole in it with a screwdriver. In fact I think more holes in Northern Irish cars are caused by MOT inspectors than by tin worms.

Ah ballix. There's definitely been a drop off in the numbers of these on the roads lately. Mystery solved.

Look on the bright side. Vacant spot on the drive.

May not be vacant for long!

Look carefully before committing to welding - that is out and out rot and there may be further areas.

It was complete but bubbled, it was literally blistered paint!! I went at it with a screw driver. That was the end result. The other sill isnt as bad, it needs patched on the floor where it meets the sill.

Ma's K11 Micra has this problem. A couple of years ago it was welded and patched up, but the area around the patching has started to oxidise now.

When Volksy and I bought the Fulvia coupe unseen our thinking was that it had only run out of MOT 3 months earlier so how bad can it be?

post-3133-0-24188300-1462828324_thumb.jpg

post-3133-0-96848400-1462828340_thumb.jpg

Took a few weekends to sort that out i can tell thee.