Done it again...

cms206

So... it's a 2003 406HDi 90 Rapier. 86500 on the clock and allegedly a blown turbo. Not sure about the blown turbo to be honest as it boosted fine and pulled easily as well as my 2.1 XUD powered 406 does but theres a wheelbearing howling like a motherfucker so I didn't push too hard. The garage told the lassie that the bearings in the turbo were gone and it'd be about 600 quid to fix so she offloaded it to me and bought a Golf diesel instead.

It's a much higher spec than the old estate but I've never been a fan of the facelift 406 so not sure what to do next... I'll throw it over the pit at work next week and see what it needs, but it was cheap enough that the cost of the car was effectively written off by the half tank of diesel it came with. It's got test til September so may do a quick lashup and move it on... may keep it.

Most likely keep it.

I'm guessing it is a 'Rapier' with all the toys.Mine (51 plate) was the same but an estate, couldn't get less than 45 mpg out of it no matter how hard I tried.
Yeah it's a Rapier. It doesn't have a sunroof. That makes me sad.

If you're flogging this, I'd be interested.Also, does it have a Bosch ECU? If so, remap fun times!I still have the software and the map itself that took my 306 2.0 HDi (with a Bosch ECU) up to 120hp. :D
No idea what ECU it has but a Bosch ECU means I'll be giving you a shout for more power...

Everyone likes dogs. I stole the 406 from these ones. Sorry dogs.d0fcb789936d89a3452bba6d66443db7.jpg

Ran the 406 up to work and gave it a bath and a cleanup today. Tame mechanic was off so he'll shout at the wheel bearing next week. If I get a chance I'll throw a service kit at it too.

6c797251efbc9bcd4d0e6dff37488ebe.jpg8bfc4abb189892d6101c40d435d3a01b.jpg3187afb88a15b5cac7f693e8a830f44a.jpg28653cbd28205c0f843d35787bbba8a0.jpg

It has thrown up an 'Anti Pollution Fault' which apparantly can be fucking anything; I've thrown a bottle of the diesel system cleaner we use on the newer common rail coaches at it which has cleared it for now.

Cambelt wasn't an issue but I can't find any evidence of it being done at all. This wasn't an issue before but SWMBO now much prefers it to the Shitpeas one which she is now refusing to go near 'cos it has velour. Arse.

Anti Pollution Fault means there is a code hiding somewhere in the Engine ECU. Could be a O2 Heater fault, Cat not getting to temperature quick enough (I have seen some Peugeots, where if driven lightly and gently, this can happen especially as the cats age and not as efficient) or some such rubbish. Code scanner may/should bring up something.