2001 Vectra SRi 150 Cortinadave's now:)

320touring

That's why I only drive rwd ! I is driftking.

The basic infrastructure was built in 1980, including all the dual carriageways and roundabouts. I passed my test in 81 the population of MK was about100 times smaller at 2,500 people and about 3 coppers isharing a Chevette. We all know the racing line through every roundabout.

The problem these days is visitors- some of them slow down when approaching roundabouts, what's that all about?

That's why I only drive rwd ! I is driftking.

The basic infrastructure was built in 1980, including all the dual carriageways and roundabouts. I passed my test in 81 the population of MK was about100 times smaller at 2,500 people and about 3 coppers isharing a Chevette. We all know the racing line through every roundabout.

The problem these days is visitors- some of them slow down when approaching roundabouts, what's that all about?

"got an SRi mate, too busy Gaun Like Fuck"

Had this bugger a week now..

so far, 746 miles at an average of 37mpg.

Goes well, rides lovely, but I see what RobT meant re the front end having shit grip in the wet - lairy even with no power on.

I think some decent rubber may be due shortly, along with a renaming of Autogrip tyres to Autoslip tyres.

anyways enough about that-have an action ahot of it in the street with the longest bar in Europe and a Gentleman's interest club present too.

post-17572-0-66684400-1462132868_thumb.jpg

This threw up a "Check Oil level" warning today, so I thought I better actually have an actual check over it. After all, it has done over 1000 miles since I got it 2 weeks ago. 1.5L later and it was ok - something to keep an eye on. Likely culprits are either the throttle body housing/gasket or the rocker cover.

The poor grip in the wet was easily traced to the 2 major factors:

Crappy tyres

tread only being about 2.55 deep across the tyres. Happily the wear was even on both fronts- so I know that the arms and bushes/tracking seem ok

ljWgqN20.jpg

Turning the steering to check the brakes revealed that an overfilled power steering reservoir was pishing fluid out - all over the radiator/fans and down the engine bay.

w7dzQNJf.jpg

ayjqhylE.jpg

I got it cleaned up, the excess fluid drained and then turned my attention to the brakes

Initial inspections looked ok, right up until I checked the inside pads:
OzNdK7FY.jpg
cnB9NMGw.jpg

So new ones are on their way - £49 delivered, and the sliders have been removed, cleaned and refitted. I'll get them fitted ASAP.

So far I have the following issues list:

Engine
Oil Leak
Power steering fluid level (resolved but must keep an eye on it)
Thermostat change/coolant temp sender fault?

Brakes
Front Discs and pads needing replaced (Ordered)
Handbrake needs adjusting
Rear calipers need stripped and cleaned

Tyres
Fronts could do replacing with items not made out of plastic

Interior
Drivers Door card/Handle needs repairing
Front windows have poor operation
Seats need cleaned
Interior plastics need cleaned
General clean/tidy needed

All in all, despite not being as dynamic as the Alfa 156, as frugal as the Pug 306 or as fast as the e30 335i I think this may prove to be a good basis for a reliable daily driver that I'll run for a bit.

After the OMGNAEBRAKEPADZ scenario discovered on Sunday, I ordered new discs and pads.

they arrived tonight, and I took the decision to fit the pass tonight- I have a 230mile work trip to do tomorrow, and need to be on the road by 8am.

The discs can wait til the weekend - when I have time for the swearimg it'll likely involve. 15yr old caliper bracket bolts are never fun..

lumCKZta.jpg

Old and New

XuxeFycp.jpg

40 mins from start to finish. good times!