Wheel problem!

dollywobbler

Not exactly cheap, but is the second one down correct? Maybe you could get the wheel on its own if your tyres are still okay.

https://www.trailertek.com/acatalog/12_inch_wheels.html

Edit: rim on its own is £45

https://www.trailertek.com/acatalog/12_inch_rims.html

4x4" PCD and a 65.1mm centre bore is the same as an original Mini wheel apparently.

It seems ET0 is now some sort of Scene Slammed Yo Stretched Tyres thing, and there's loads of Lupos with ridiculous wheels and stickers all over the windows.

Hence, ET0 wheels are massively overpriced. Expect to see a Mk1 Golf with a Henry Hoover on the roof rack rolling on a set of trailer wheels soon.

4 inch pcd seems to have the right centre bore, how accurate is your measuring stick?

If you dont already have any get a cheap set of vernier calipers and you should be able to measure to 0.1mm.

Will 10 inch rims go on? They seem to be more common and cheaper.

Sod it. Went mad and ordered wheels from America. Galvanized (sic) one's no less. £98 delivered. In theory. All UK options were coming out at more than that just for one wheel and tyre (and I'd need tyres as all of the wheels were a different sodding size). Having checked the clearance on the trailer, I was forced to accept that nothing else is going to fit. There's bugger all room. 

At least the one good wheel can be kept as a spare. Bit worrisome not having one.

For information, this lovely Chinese trailer was built by Cardesk Ltd. What a name! No longer trading it seems. Plaque on the trailer merely says "wheel size. 12x4." Useful.

For information, this lovely Chinese trailer was built by Cardesk Ltd.

You mean this cheap shite trailer was built by some Chinese company and imported by some fly-by-night chancers running a company called Cardesk Ltd.

Look forward to hearing about the new arsehole you've been ripped when they get delivered, courtesy of the delivery co and HMRC. (or are they pre-cleared?)

• Like 1

Is the hitch an old inch size one... or your towing ball? Going back aways here but I can remember my dad having a similar problem in the sixties.

A couple more brain cells just kicked in: One or other size had a flat top and the other didn't but I can't remember which was metric and which was imperial. It was a long time ago.

Look forward to hearing about the new arsehole you've been ripped when they get delivered, courtesy of the delivery co and HMRC. (or are they pre-cleared?)

I guess I'll be finding out soon...

• Like 1

traileur may have an 2inch hitch

ones father rebuilt a trailer may moons ago and i remember the hitch was 2" and of course ball was 50mm- trailer always rattled a touch even when full of tent

Change of plan. A place down in Cornwall reckons they've got what I need, so I've ordered those instead. A few quid cheaper than America, but hopefully with no potential hidden costs. Sorry US, you lose this time.

• Like 2

traileur may have an 2inch hitch

ones father rebuilt a trailer may moons ago and i remember the hitch was 2" and of course ball was 50mm- trailer always rattled a touch even when full of tent

Yep, that's it, and you couldn't do it the other way around i.e. fit a 50mm hitch on the bigger 2" ball

New wheels have arrived. Super quick! New wheels don't fit. ARSE. Right stud pattern, but the bolt holes are too sodding small. Guess I need to find someone with a ruddy large drill bit, though I'm a bit worried about how that'll effect the clamping force of the nut. 

On the plus side, a friend gave me a new hitch to try. 

Send the wheels back and ebay the Chinese garbage - get an Erde, spares from everywhere including Halfrauds

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Erde-car-trailer-/172116982739?hash=item2812f8bbd3:g:-CQAAOSwll1W0yT0

$_1.JPG

Ive got a 1989 Erde 121 which Ive had from new, its had building supplies, motorbikes, camping gear, house stuff and all sorts of shizzle in it - one set of bearings in all that time and one set of tyres.

Another one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Trailers-/121905457871?hash=item1c6221aacf:g:sJkAAOSwFNZWzzyU

$_57.JPG

What size drill bit do you need?

14mm.

12"? What PCD are old Minis?

Exactly the same, but the offset knackers things up. Anyway, I have wheels now. I'm not sending them back.

Send the wheels back and ebay the Chinese garbage - get an Erde, spares from everywhere including Halfrauds

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Erde-car-trailer-/172116982739?hash=item2812f8bbd3:g:-CQAAOSwll1W0yT0

Can't really ebay a trailer with no wheels. Now I've bought wheels, I'm not getting rid of it. They will be made to fit. With anger. And a drill.

• Like 2

I guess I'll be finding out soon...

It isn't too bad.......although Royal Mail will charge you a handling fee (about £8) to read the label stuck on the outside of the parcel which will tell them how much tax to take.

I know it is only 8 quid but gets me every time......

Edit...just noticed this is irrelevant !

Can't really ebay a trailer with no wheels.

Have you tried selling it to some low rent part time gangsters, then challenging them to a bare knuckle fight when they complain about the no wheels bit?

• Like 1

Can't really ebay a trailer with no wheels. 

Paint the old ones with hammerite and sell it as spares/repairs - have you seen some of the utter shite people punt on eBay?

I admire your determination.

I have a 14mm bit, but its a masonary bit.

14mm.

Can do 14mm* bit, business end has been sharpened, other end has been shortened to fit my pillar drill but that shouldn't worry you. PM me your address and a jiffy bag will be winging its way Wales-ward toot de sweet.

*it may be imperial equivalent but goes 14mm on the calipers. shaft is about 11mm, what is known as a blacksmith's bit so will go in a 13mm chuck.

Whilst I agree with the general Euro-trailer sentiment, I've had bigger shites than some of those Erdes.

• Like 1