Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Rain Stops play for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

LOoking forward to seeing the Alfa getting some TLC!

Me too! I sat in it to avoid the torrential rain at SF '16, and it was a very pleasant place to sit and get merry. Brought back memories of my old 75 - even smelt the same!

Me too! I sat in it to avoid the torrential rain at SF '16, and it was a very pleasant place to sit and get merry. Brought back memories of my old 75 - even smelt the same!

This year it was aroma du rat!

Damp?

Yes, it has not been good leaving the E30 out during the winter and there is condensation inside now. I can put it away now but I want to use it next Monday night so a few more days getting wet.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a quiet time for me with cars and I have been driving around this winter in a very un Autoshite 2007 Mercdes 320CDi, smart and driving without fault. Never mine, I had exclusive use of it but it is now sold. Now maybe with spring around the corner and the 320CDi gone I will become a little more adventurous in my choice of cars to drive.

post-4787-0-80895300-1518902121_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Today I helped some friends move their Herald 30 miles so it was near the canal boat they live on. While it was 30 miles away it was not being worked on and they want it back on the road in April.

I do like Heralds a lot and helped just to see this one return to the road.

post-4787-0-75611500-1518902789_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-08610300-1518902801_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-72353800-1518902809_thumb.jpg

Funny you should pop up, as I had a visit from the yellow MG ZR today.  The friend I sold it to wanted help with a couple of jobs before it goes for its MOT in a couple of weeks, we're hoping for a pass as it's only done about 3000 miles since the last one.  They are getting very attached to it now, I think it has a good home with them for the foreseeable future.

Funny you should pop up, as I had a visit from the yellow MG ZR today.  The friend I sold it to wanted help with a couple of jobs before it goes for its MOT in a couple of weeks, we're hoping for a pass as it's only done about 3000 miles since the last one.  They are getting very attached to it now, I think it has a good home with them for the foreseeable future.

I am very please to here the ZR is loved and now a little nervous until the MOT is sorted.

Aside from needing two front tyres it looks fine, no issues I can see, it's cosmetically challenged but may get improved slightly this year if we get some time and enthusiasm for it, it's had a few minor electrical niggles but mechanically it is spot-on.  It's also still very yellow.

• Like 2

We need to finish the visa we started last year!

attachicon.gifAs fucked m8.jpg

The spare engine that GoGentley left with me needs to be checked out by having the cylinder head lifted. None of us now the history of it because unfortunately the owner before GoGentley passed away.

Is this still around?  Might need a few trim items and handbrake mech

The interior trim is striped out and the exterior trim is complete. I believe the handbrake mech is still there and I can check if you can see it from inside the car?

Parts for Rover 75 up for grabs

I have sold my running 75 and I am planning to dispose of the 2001 75 2.5 V6 auto Connoisseur saloon parts car in the next few week

The interior is stripped, ABS pump and the headlights gone. The engine swallowed water which is why I have it. Take what you want or it will be wasted, name your price, all I want is a small donation towards the cost of recover as I never managed to use much for myself.

I need the wheels for now to move it around but they will be available with good condition budget tyres in due course.

Or the take the remains complete if you can deal with it.

The car is parked safely on hard standing outdoors if you want to jack it to remove parts.

The car is located just outside Buckingham MK18. 

I work from home so with some planning weekday daytime visits are possible.

post-4787-0-60975300-1519320385_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-90967400-1519320401_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-48412500-1519320478_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-48997800-1519320520_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-55288200-1519320546_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-68314000-1519320562_thumb.jpg

that's an awfully large empty space there mr cylinder- please remedy this asap!

The reason for the space is the owner of the MGB collected it Sunday now he has moved to a new house. 

It has been too cold to reorganise the drive yet. Today I have heard bad news, the garage who has my 1995 Audi convertible with the leaking heater matrix to repair is closing and will not be carrying out the job. I have two weeks to collect it. My first thought was to move it to my storage away from the house. I am now considering to bringing it home to occupy that very space in the hope I can work up the enthusiasm to have a go at the job myself as it is listed as an 8 hour job and I can't really afford to pay anybody for it?

post-4787-0-44297200-1519848258_thumb.jpg

sounds like a job for the...."field of dreams team"   cue A team theme tune

I am thinking of home because of access to my tools, but that does not exclude a team effort.

post-4787-0-71485400-1519851943_thumb.jpg