Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Progress for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

34 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Mrs6C is not impressed with Citroen engineering!

IMG_20240906_183228 broad.jpg

A calendar shot surely?

• Agree 3

I wasn’t planning on coming because of work issues, but given the weather I’m glad.

27 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I wasn’t planning on coming because of work issues, but given the weather I’m glad.

Weather here today is dry and warm. 

18 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Weather here today is dry and warm. 

It isn’t here!  Raining most of the day and not warm. Doing some electrical socket replacements at work, run to the tip ( community recycling facility which is open twice a week a When there’s an R in the month ) with some dead PCs and then waiting around for bt to show up only for them To say, yes there’s a fault ( I knew that!) you need open reach.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, richardmorris said:

However today is different! 

IMG_20240908_110237.jpg

• Haha 2

Shoddy German imports have landed in Blighty! Ones Carlton shall go to the ball!!!

or be a ball ache to get a MOT, something like , definitely need biscuits 

IMG_7279.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

My favourite bit of the Citroen weekend was meeting up with the only other LNA  Inca limited edition known.

Yes it is better than mine.

IMG_20240907_155106 broad.jpg

That is fantastic!  Norwich plate too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, High Jetter said:

LNA must be an endangered species, compared with 2CVs, Dyanes, even DSs. More Visa's, possibly?

Definitely, they sold the LNA for only 7 ish years, whereas visa was 9 ish years and was always more popular than the LNA. I think thats probably because anyone who wanted an LNA just bought a 104 as they were the same car (coupe form anyway) and had a peugeot reputation not a Citroen one 

2 LNA's apparently still registered in the UK right now as on the road compared to 23 Visa's  

And as you mentioned 2CV's and Dyanes, approx 2500 2CV's on the road and 285 ish Dyanes

• Like 1

One part has arrived 

that’s one less thing on the MOT failure list

that’s one step closer to a MOT

that’s one step closer to getting the blue one fixed 

IMG_7351.jpeg

4 hours ago, ianbmw said:

One part has arrived 

that’s one less thing on the MOT failure list

that’s one step closer to a MOT

that’s one step closer to getting the blue one fixed 

Nobody wants a blue one, only a red one!

After the gear linkage came apart on the LNA at the weekend. I did not want to risk having it as my go to car this week in case Mrs6C was not available to fix it next time it popped off! I put it away in storage and got out the Trevi which started easily and ran well. Trouble was 2 miles later at the first junction I found the indicators were not working. I got home fine, but can't even find which fuse it is or where the flasher unit is. Italian electrics!

IMG_20240909_140825 broad.jpg

IMG_20240909_140807 broad.jpg

16 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

After the gear linkage came apart on the LNA at the weekend. I did not want to risk having it as my go to car this week in case Mrs6C was not available to fix it next time it popped off! I put it away in storage and got out the Trevi which started easily and ran well. Trouble was 2 miles later at the first junction I found the indicators were not working. I gone home fine, but can't even find which fuse it is or where the flasher unit is. Italian electrics!

IMG_20240909_140825 broad.jpg

IMG_20240909_140807 broad.jpg

Those bloody fuses should have been banned by the Geneva Convention.

I'd say just wiggle all of them in a highly technical manner and see what happens.  That's basically business as usual whenever something electrical randomly stopped working on any of my Ladas.  Plus I seem to remember having had to do that on that car at least once.  

I'm quite convinced that a lot of the electrical maladies in that car are probably linked to that fuse box or the surrounding wiring (hence the additional relay I wired in to run the ignition system, as otherwise the car would run on about two cylinders as soon as you turned on the heater or indicators).

As an aside though - I know I've said it before, but that Trevi is probably one of the cars which surprised me the most by how bloody lovely it drives.  Lovely cushy ride, squishy, comfy (if oddly shaped) seats, yet it handles so well.

The dash is utterly bonkers, but actually makes a lot of sense when you're sitting in the driver's seat.

One of those cars which really feels like it should have got more recognition than it did.  Do wish they didn't dissolve so readily and that they weren't so close to extinct as I'd quite fancy one otherwise.

13 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

No. 7, it would seem...
https://forum.viva-lancia.com/viewtopic.php?t=9705

Could be no. 12 instead, according to year, but you should be able to work it out from the info. in that thread...

No.7 Fuse it is. A twist of the fuse in the holder and we have indicators again.

IMG_20240910_110000 broad.jpg

37 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

No.7 Fuse it is. A twist of the fuse in the holder and we have indicators again.

Everytime i see that Dashboard - Hnnnnggg !!!

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Everytime i see that Dashboard - Hnnnnggg !!!

I thought the world would rather see the dash warning light than the outside indicator light working!

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Got to be the best dashboard of all time. To have seen it in person was a huge pleasure, to have driven it was a massive privilege! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, grogee said:

Alien technology, surely. 

What do these buttons do, above (I think) the heater/cold control? 

Screenshot_20240910_125836_Chrome.jpg

This is from the original Handbook and I also have the original service book showing the first 5 years of service stamps. Then I have lots of early MOTs showing it had only done 15,000 in its first 3 years. The last, a fail sheet was 2002 80,189 miles. I bought it in November 2019 and got it back on the road in Aug 2020 after a fair amount of work. It has now down 83,183 miles in its 40 year life.

IMG_20240910_130349 broard.jpg

4 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

IMG_20240910_130349 broard.jpg

Ha ha ha thanks, that's clear as mud! 

I would be shot at dawn if I turned in that copy for work (I write these things, for my sins). 

It just makes it even more ace though, I love it. A thousand times more interesting than anything British from that period.