Jump to content

Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Playing car Tetris!


Recommended Posts

Posted

What I drove yesterday.

The day started collecting a friend from Bicester North station.

Then errands and a bit of an enjoyment drive was done using a smaller car.

Evening outing was done 1st class.

 

IMG_20260824_092140 broad.jpg

PXL_20260824_140925112 broad.jpg

IMG_20260824_213112 broad.jpg

Posted

Today I received a special request to change from the C6 to the Range Rover as the C6 was too low and difficult to get in and out of.

It was nice to have air-con today.

PXL_20260825_132612564 broad.jpg

  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - What I drove yesterday.
Posted

Todays errands transport has been the Lancia Fulvia. 

That means it has lasted 2 weeks starting easily and running well!

PXL_20260828_104527753 broad.jpg

Posted

Now the Fulvia is running well has it had any examination for rot? The bodywork is self evident. It got a cursory glance underneath at SF26 but nobody wanted to prod anything as it wasn't their car.

Posted
1 hour ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

Now the Fulvia is running well has it had any examination for rot? The bodywork is self evident. It got a cursory glance underneath at SF26 but nobody wanted to prod anything as it wasn't their car.

It is going to Mark at my favourite garage for the handbrake cable replacement and will go up on the ramp then for inspection.

Last time Mark had a Lancia of mine was the Trevi and his comment was, at least the holes are not joined together!  He welded it for me. 

IMG_20200707_142547 broad.jpg

Posted
On 25/08/2026 at 22:10, Six-cylinder said:

What I drove yesterday.

The day started collecting a friend from Bicester North station.

Then errands and a bit of an enjoyment drive was done using a smaller car.

Evening outing was done 1st class.

 

IMG_20260824_092140 broad.jpg

PXL_20260824_140925112 broad.jpg

IMG_20260824_213112 broad.jpg

when do the anthill hob want it back :P

  • Haha 3
Posted

The guys swear they could hear a fizzing noise, would you dare take your Lancia out in the rain!

A breakfast meeting this morning in Heath & Reach. 

PXL_20260829_095921771 broad.jpg

PXL_20260829_095751584 broad.jpg

PXL_20260829_095806746 broad.jpg

  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - The guys swear they could hear a fizzing noise!
Posted

funny theyre all looking at the italians not the german shite

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Fire in the hole, well the engine bay anyway!

The aim of the day with @Slowsilver help was to start and get to the front of storage our Citroen LNA Inca and Citroen Visa Twin Pot. I had not run either car since 2024. I plan to take them to Chevrons Citroen Rally Little Horwood, near Milton Keynes 12/13 Sep.

A difficult day started with the lock seized on my storage unit. My landlord came to help and managed to open the security door with his key after some trying. That used @Slowsilver's first hour cleaning and lubricating the lock system.

We needed to move the Opel Manta, Daimler Sovereign Series 1 and Lancia Gamma. The Manta stated after some churning on its own battery.

The Sovereign started easily with its manual choke conversion and @Slowsilver drove it outside across the yard. He jumped out proclaiming smoke and real fire! I took half a 5Ltr bottle of premixed antifreeze and quelled the fire and my neighbour turned up with his CO2 extinguishing the flames. We still had smoke from the air filter box and removing the lid revealed the paper filter was smouldering. We fully emersed the paper filter in a bucket of water. The car started up as nothing was wrong and the bonnet was open so only a bit of smoke soot to the inside of the bonnet. My theory is the one of the float chamber petrol valves did not shut off and it dribbled petrol into the air filter box and maybe a spit back ignited it. (sorry no fire pictures we were too busy)

The Gamma is currently a non starter so needed pushing around.

The LNA would not pull up any petrol even with Easystart so refused to start. The plan is to go back with a tiny funnel to back fill the fuel pump in an effort to prime it.

We then went to the Ami only to find we had forgotten we borrowed the battery from it for the GS. I think I had bought a new one, but did not have it with me so we connected the jumpack directly to the battery cables and it started and moved out of the way of the Visa Twin.

The Visa Special Twin battery was flat, but it started with a jump. After a lot of shunting to get it out of its tight sideways parking space it was free. Trouble is the alternator light is flickering along with the lights. By then we had run out of time.

I predicted 2 hours work and after 4 hours they were not ready for the show.

PXL_20260901_145600007 broad.jpg

PXL_20260901_162709369 broad.jpg

PXL_20260901_150046874 broad.jpg

PXL_20260901_155452883 broad.jpg

PXL_20260901_155500436 broad.jpg

PXL_20260901_155635001 broad.jpg

PXL_20260901_164722897 broad.jpg

  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Fire in the hole, well the engine bay anyway!
Posted
47 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

 Citroen LNA Inca and Citroen Visa Twin Pot. I had not run either car since 2024. I plan to take them to Chevrons Citroen Rally Little Horwood, near Milton Keynes 12/13 Sep.

 

UNLIKE x2

MASSIVE DISAPOINT

so angry i could crush a grape go to sleep without a cuppa

:(

 

Posted

My LNA always used to struggle to pull fuel through if it'd been sat a long time. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Do you have stale fuel issues with the cars if they're sitting for this long? 

Posted

I just had THE FEAR that I'd ballsed up something when I changed the fuel pipes on the Fulvia!

Glad you got things sorted without major damage.

Speaking of Fulvias this was at the garage I got a Focus MOTed at yesterday.

 

20260901_145306.jpg

20260901_133036.jpg

Posted
9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

(sorry no fire pictures we were too busy)

This is a serious contestant for the Autoshite stiff upper lip award of 2026 !

Posted
4 hours ago, Jimblob said:

Do you have stale fuel issues with the cars if they're sitting for this long? 

I don't seem to for a couple of years.

Posted
3 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

I just had THE FEAR that I'd ballsed up something when I changed the fuel pipes on the Fulvia!

Glad you got things sorted without major damage.

Speaking of Fulvias this was at the garage I got a Focus MOTed at yesterday.

 

20260901_145306.jpg

20260901_133036.jpg

Looks the same colour as my friend's one, which I know is a colour change from red.

I had wondered if it was an original Fulvia colour as I had never seen one in that blue before, maybe it is.

PXL_20260817_132749222 broad.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

The Fulvia was the car of the weekend with three car meetings and some errands on Friday.

Since I bought the Lancia Fulvia  Berlina it has done 465 miles. @catsinthewelder did 291 miles and  I have done 174 miles doing local errands and taking it to the odd local car meeting.

I have done a fuel consumption check and got 26.8 mpg. The Autocar road test 4th Nov 1971 says they got 22.4 mpg and say you can get upto 30mpg driven gently.

It is still running after 3 weeks!

I even bought it a new pair of windscreen wipers, I hope it is not offended as they were supposed to be for a Land Rover!

PXL_20260904_121609798 broad.jpg

786070022_10163755058942887_4325885924449633992_n broad.jpg

PXL_20260905_105225063 broad.jpg

PXL_20260905_123909542 broad.jpg

PXL_20260906_082709474 broad.jpg

  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - 465 miles and still running well!
Posted

This weekend 12/13 September is the Citroen Chevrons Rally at Little Horwood Milton Keynes.

 

All Classic cars welcome. If not park outside the Rally field and you can just walk in as there is a public footpath through the event anyway.

I will be there most of the weekend, it will be tricky to just spot my car as the plan is to bring 8 Citroens!

PM me if you are coming and want to meet.

 

Today I put my Fulvia away to get out my Visa 652cc for the Citroen gathering. This meant I drove back to back drive my Fulvia and Visa 652cc. Trying to ignore the obvious performance advantage from the 1300cc Lancia, the Lancia feels nicer to drive.

 

799525886_10238149278383778_2617274672755313946_n.jpg

PXL_20260910_110322633 broad.jpg

  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - This weekend ​​​​​​​12/13 September is the Citroen Chevrons Rally at Little Horwood, Milton Keynes.
Posted

Plane gets in at 1910 drive to Warwick

Zzzzzz

Turn up at horwood

I was thinking about it but I think.not.sadly

Posted

Today was a big Success and we got all 8 Citroens planed to the Chevrons.

A BIG THANK YOU to @Slowsilver for all his help making this happen. 

PXL_20260912_142618082 broad.jpg

PXL_20260912_143736027 broad.jpg

 

PXL_20260912_164109875 broad.jpg

  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - We got all 8 Citroens planed to the Chevrons. - A BIG THANK YOU Slowsilver for all his help making this happen.
Posted

Didn't expect to see this today...

PXL_20260912_140026913.jpg.1e5a4d01592199004a681a6dcfe4375d.jpg

Upgrades for the DS?

  • Like 3
Posted
2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

What the hell, who invited you to star in our LNA photo shoot!

PXL_20260912_182004394 broad.jpg

 

 

 

What is the story of the Souris?

 

Team Member?

 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Momentary Lapse Of Reason said:

What is the story of the Souris?

Perhaps an unsuccessful attempt to go for a "rat look" ?

I'll get my coat...

Posted
17 minutes ago, Momentary Lapse Of Reason said:

What is the story of the Souris?

 

Team Member?

 

The LNA is stored on a farm so he was a stowaway when we drove to the show.

Tomorrow we plan to give him a chance with a humane trap and if he will not go for that then it will be the Little Nipper trap for him.

PXL_20260912_181934416 broad.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted
2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

The LNA is stored on a farm so he was a stowaway when we drove to the show.

Tomorrow we plan to give him a chance with a humane trap and if he will not go for that then it will be the Little Nipper trap for him.

PXL_20260912_181934416 broad.jpg

Have you considered a cat? I’m a huge nature fan, but not inside home or car.

  • Haha 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

if he will not go for that then it will be the Little Nipper trap for him.

Land Rover Passenger Control Module had to be fitted to the Doomed Discovery after they started eating the wiring.

image.jpeg.aaccb971106bb09d46f0da0612410979.jpeg

image.jpeg.be55e6218e93c35eee1c058c7f4ae553.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...