Jump to content

Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Playing car Tetris!


Recommended Posts

Posted
11 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I sold mine because of the cost of road tax for a 90bhp 1.6 auto, now £385. I loved the way the rear hatch glass curves into the roof.

IMG_20211102_121316 broad.jpg

I learned to drive in a Mk2 facelift Clio, well I suppose technically 2 as my instructor had a red 03 plate when I started learning replaced by a 54 plate that I think was green but could look grey or black depending on how the light shone on it

  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Our Mercedes 200TE has a clean MOT pass.
Posted

Unfortunately on my 1933 Rolls Royce 20/25  the dynamo has stopped charging and has a short. I am currently looking for somebody who is familiar with pre war dynamo's.

Today the plan was to put my Rolls Royce into storage to save "drive congestion" and keep it out of the rain tomorrow. 

Putting the 20/25 away with @Slowsilver was supposed to be a quick job before the main job of the day repairing the wiring on the 1973 Daimler. Trouble was the parking space we had left for it was 9 inch's too short so we had to get out 5 other cars and repark them to give us the required length. The Daimler is still not fixed as we were knackered by the time we had uncovered, connected batteries moved 5 cars and put them to bed again. 

 

 

 

PXL_20261006_132052873 broad.jpg

PXL_20261006_132921172 broad.jpg

PXL_20261006_132926478 broad.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Playing car Tetris!
Posted
2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

pre war dynamo's.

Are they much different from 40s/50s/60s dynamos? Same principle shirley.

Posted
10 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Are they much different from 40s/50s/60s dynamos? Same principle shirley.

I need somebody who knows which part is broken and where to get it.

I do know the wiring and type of regulator changes over time.

Posted

The chap in London Colney might be worth a call.  My Nephew took my Transporter starter motor there last summer for an overhaul and I got the impression he was a proper old timer repairer.  

Posted

That automatic Manta is clearly in the way... *whistles innocently*

(I do wish I had the farm's storage facilities still)

Seeing the Tardis getting better and better makes me really happy, that car was a big part of some very happy times in hindsight.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...