Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Open Weekend 15/16 June

Six-cylinder

1 minute ago, richardmorris said:

Don’t be embarrassed, as I think I mentioned my neighbours 19reg RR that they’ve had new, has had the dealer called out for non starting  at least three times that I know of. 

Situation normal for a Land Rover product!

• Haha 1

Just now, DVee8 said:

Is the replacement,black?

Black with white leather would have been easy, No I flew up to Scotland to get the only one I could find in the uk in blue with tan leather. 

5 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

NO, I just can't work it all out!

IMG_20200129_135638 broad.jpg

Probably because your right arm seems to be on the left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now you all know the horrible truth, I guess the mods will devise some punishment for my poor taste in cars!

I was going to show up in the not too distant future as it is now my No.1 tow car.

1 minute ago, Six-cylinder said:

Now you all know the horrible truth, I guess the mods will devise some punishment for my poor taste in cars!

I was going to show up in the not too distant future as it is now my No.1 tow car.

Are you still looking for a 1980s cassette player or has @Tadhg Tiogar fulfilled your needs? Can check out the parent’s garage holding my spare part store on Sunday.

@Tadhg Tiogar came to see me last weekend with the Alpine unit so that solves my immediate problem.

I used to have a selection of radio cassettes but they have been used so I would be happy to hold another one for future needs. If you want to hold onto yours that is fine, if you want it out of your parents garage I would be pleased to receive it.

29 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

@Tadhg Tiogar came to see me last weekend with the Alpine unit so that solves my immediate problem.

I used to have a selection of radio cassettes but they have been used so I would be happy to hold another one for future needs. If you want to hold onto yours that is fine, if you want it out of your parents garage I would be pleased to receive it.

Just speaking to them as I spotted an armed robbery on Facebook 100m from their house! Police knocked a motorbike over in the road and shots  fired. It used to be such a posh area! I’ll look for the radio, I am sure I know th box it’s in.

• Sad 1

You know there's a modern forum just for things like this? I mean of course it's going to be very reliable, and you made sure it came with a good warranty as that's the sensible way to start a decade of ownership. 

(I'm sure @brownnova can make the modern forum vanish to Mrs 6c so you can be truthful as ownership progresses...) 

Just now, beko1987 said:

You know there's a modern forum just for things like this? LOL you noticed

I mean of course it's going to be very reliable, -  you think???

and you made sure it came with a good warranty as that's the sensible way to start a decade of ownership.- i think he be well used to foibles :D

(I'm sure @brownnova can make the modern forum vanish to Mrs 6c so you can be truthful as ownership progresses...) 

gonna need a bigger boat tho

5 minutes ago, hairnet said:

gonna need a bigger boat tho

He can't afford it now

I'm sure @Mrs6C will soon be backing it down a slipway up to the rear door handles to drop the boat off, does the anti corrosion warranty cover that? 

Just now, beko1987 said:

He can't afford it now

I'm sure @Mrs6C will soon be backing it down a slipway up to the rear door handles to drop the boat off, does the anti corrosion warranty cover that? 

the other one seemed to cope and that wasnt that rusty :)

4 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

He can't afford it now

What he needs*....is an Amphicar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Has that got one of those virtual dashboards where the clocks are actually a figment of your imagination?

Yes

If only you could configure this to look just like my Visa pod dash!

GKN10 instruments close up.jpg

5 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Up to the door handle is water seems to be normal water level on roads at the moment.